Boredofstudies.org for UNI?? (1 Viewer)

drexxx

HSC
hello..
i am just wonderin if there is like an equivalent site for uni of this site.. if u know wat i mean :D

or can sum 1 tell me where the place is that has like notes STUDENTS have made up or sumthin similar.. not lecture notes.. thanks anyway..

ooh an any valuable sites anyone has to offer would be good

thanks

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
You're looking at it.

Uni subjects differ greatly across all unis, so there is no such thing as a 'general' source for student-written notes. Look in the individual uni forums on this website for other people who might have done/are doing your course, and post your general enquiries about uni here.

Also, do not neglect the uni 'subject' forums - Law, Medicine, Arts etc. Whilst you might not find someone with notes for your particular subject at your particular uni, you can usually find someone who has done the equivalent.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
e-campus.net.au
'might' become one, it uni based, but it looks more like for social events than notes, but they might become one in the future, they are new btw.

HSC
N/A
Is everyone going to judge BOS on whether they do or not have stalls at O-week? :( We love you all, we're just quite busy at the moment - in addition, many of the head honchos are now working full-time... so very busy!)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
politik said:
e-campus spent the entire day walking around UNSW using BOS as their marketing tool. They were telling people "we're the BOS for University students". Either way, they did have a stall at O-Week, BOS didnt.
Your strict use of the bold on the did is somewhat suggestive.

And for your knowledge, we have gone through various uni open days and whatnot of previous years, the reason we don't have a stall is as glitter said, most of us have lives and are busy with them.

e-Campus shouldn't be using BoS as a marketing tool unless they explicitly got permission to do so.

edit: I sure hope that the poster theyre using isn't final, if im not mistaken thats Leah Dizon, and I doubt she'd be coming down to sydney...

Last edited:

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Densuki said:
e-campus.net.au
'might' become one, it uni based, but it looks more like for social events than notes, but they might become one in the future, they are new btw.

i can definitely agree with that - i just went into the site and clicked on 'education' and it said it did not exist. Then I clicked on 'lifestyle' and that was there - stuff about mobile phones etc. Also the forum thing only contains Sydney uni's - macq, usyd, uts, unsw. Don't they realise there are other uni's than the one's in sydney :burn:

Also their site is very graphic orientated - which isn't so good for a uni student like me who's on a limit of how much i can download from the net.

I think I will be sticking to BOS for now :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Densuki said:
e-campus.net.au
I went to that and clicked education and it said "page cannot be found" :eek:
well thats just great.

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
ye happened to me as well..so i pm the admin (yes im very desperate for my notes :p) they said they will put up a huge batch of notes soon for mostly first years though eyaaa .... I want 2nd year stuff >.<

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah and we don't discriminate against non-sir3n going azn hardc0re gangstas4lyf yo!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Is everyone going to judge BOS on whether they do or not have stalls at O-week? :( We love you all, we're just quite busy at the moment - in addition, many of the head honchos are now working full-time... so very busy!)
People fail to appreciate the amount of work the mods do behind the scenes :bomb: May i just say being someone who has just become a mod, only now do I realise who much spare time the mods/admins put into this site and I <3 them all for making the site run smoothly for me while I was in my state of HSC overstress. Its not that the mods don't love doing it and I am sure you all love them for it but its not as simple as a mere moving a post here or just scanning the forums for nasties.

We all have uni starting this week and we all go to different unis and live in different areas so it is very hard to get together and run a stall at each of the respective O - weeks. I, myself didn't even have much time to check out my own Welcome Week (which at my uni is like o-week but during the first week of uni) this week :(

BOS lives on a word of mouth rep anyway :) which IMO is much more effective, I would put more trust in the opinion of a friend than some person jumping on me at O week

Hang around in the uni subforums, there is always something going on in there :wave:

HSC
id be more than happy helping BOS out if they needed people to set a stall up next unsw open week next year?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know if its an issue of getting helpers but organisation would be very difficult as each uni structures their o-weeks differently. My friend at UTS had basically a whole week of Orientation stuff and I think you could turn up whenever? Where as with my uni they told law people to turn up at 12.30 on a certain date, gave us a lecture on the course and we went home, but then during our first uni week (which was this week) we had welcome weekm with free stuff, societies etc. USYD had theirs this week when most others at uni.

I would be a good idea I suppose but would take a lot of planning and organising. I suppose we would need permission?

HSC
Yeh but like nominate people you guys think are most appropriate that are from the uni's like UNSW, Usyd, UTS, UWS (whatever are the main uni's that are in the local area)

you for example could be a perfect canidate for the UWS open week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)