Books That Make You Cry (1 Viewer)

HSC
What books always make you all sad and emotional?

Mine are:
- The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
- When You Wake and Find Me Gone - Maureen McCarthy
- The Power of One - Bryce Courtney

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
yeah the Outsiders made me cry. I remember I read it in year 10 as part of english, and then we watched the movie (and I cried once again).

Virginia Andrew's novels also make me cry, they have quite depressing storylines actually. E.g 'Flowers in the Attic', 'Roses amongst the thorns' and 'Seeds of Yesterday'.

I'm such a softy.

Skeeta

HSC
mills and boon books usually do it for me

bahaha actually they make me lol

i agree with the power of one though..

jess-angeleyes

HSC
Aaaaargh Order of the Phoenix always turns me into an emotional wreck, people that haven't read the book just don't get it! Lol
Some of Danielle Steel's books can make me a little bit sad too..but nothing compares to Dumbledore dying. :mad1:

Skeeta

HSC
DUMBELDORE DIES?!?!?!?

thanks for ruining it for me :(

i was like halfway through that book

Skeeta

HSC
SIRIUS BLACK DIES??

thanks for ruining it for me :(

yeah i'm like halfway through the FIRST book :eek:

i've been reading it for about 4 years now

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Gee I can imagine the mess I woudl be if I were just getting into Harry Potter now. Covering my eyes and ears constantly but then again.....I woudl read the whole lot in a week to avoid any potential spoils..

hmm anyway, crying books

- Little Women (I SAID I WOULD NOT CRY after everyone said I would....and I did :eek: )

- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (omg...bawled...)

Can't remember what else...I don't read sad books often. I like witty upbeat stuff.

Rinni

HSC
OMG I cried sooooo much in Order of the Pheonix when Surius died he was my fav character.
I agree V.C Andrews/Virginia Andrews books aka Flowers in the Attic which I'm reading at the moment for like the hundredth time, Secrets of the Morning
Nicholas Sparks The Notebook and A Walk to Remember - I felt like such an idiot reading A Walk to Remember I was sitting alone crying at like 12am:eek:

w00dy.

HSC
the usual rules - joyce maynard
saving francesca - melina marchetta
harry potter no. 6 - jk rowling
city of the beasts - isabelle allende
the lovely bones - alice sebold
the notebook - nicholas sparks
a walk to remember - (can't remember name of author off the top of my head)

and i think that about sums it up for me
although there will possibly be plenty more out there. and plenty more to add to the list =]

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
the notebook and a walk to remember by nicholas sparks... man he is such an awesome author!!!

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i'm going to join the group saying HP and the order of the phoenix and HP and the HBP, and also add Shiver by Nikki Gemmel, which i was not exapecting to even like, lol. The brokeback mountain short story also made me well up, as did the Running Man by michael gerard bauer - lol im 24 and cried over a book written specifically for teaching to year 9 students

w00dy.

HSC
Sarah168 said:
:confused: what was sad about that book?
ummm. if my memory serves me correct me. and anyone out there correct me if im wrong. i did read it a while back now, but i think it followed a similar line to what looking for alibrandi did.... im not 100% sure. like i said i could be wrong. and if there is someone else out there who remembers it a little more than me. please feel free to speak up.

i read it a few years back. and it was a standout...i seem to remember the titles of the books that made me cry or had some sort of effect on me in some way.

tis a shame i cant remember the storylines all so well but.

the bit that made me cry was towards the end. i think it was in the final few chapters... like i said. i just cant quiet seem to remember the storyline all to well to be able to pinpoint why it had made me cry.

Rinni

HSC
wheredanton said:
Driver Qualification Booklet by the RTA.

Thrilling.
Dude get off the drugs

Saving Francesca - the bits that i found teary were when francesca ran away and her dad came and picked her up from the train station. And when her mum came to pick them up from school.

HSC
Duncton Quest by William Horwood made me cry. First and only book I have ever got teary over.

I don't think Saving Francesca was sad exactly...I loved it, I thought it was better than Looking for Alibrandi although it wouldn’t make a movie, I like all Francesca’s friends. Especially Siobhan. How do you pronounce that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)