Books That Make You Cry (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
Well I absolutely bawled my eyes out when I read Marely and Me. Other than there's not really much, there is a few more I just can't think of them atm.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I actually struggled to get through "first they killed my father", not just the death and such but also how the writer had lost her childhood

also, "star by star", people who have read it will now what I mean

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Hmm. The stand out for me is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, but others of hers that got tears out of me were Handle With Care (even though it wasn't her best) aaand parts of Mercy and Harvesting the Heart.

Others are Marley & Me by John Grogan, which I read all in one day and totally sobbed at the end of, Just A Boy by Maeve Henry and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Also, the Longest Trip Home by John Grogan made me tearful in parts.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ok this is going to be really embarrassing :eek:
Not only have I read every single Anne of Green Gables book but I cried in two of them. The first one when Matthew dies and the last one when Walter dies. WAAAH. Go on, laugh at me. :eek: :(

Also vaguely remember crying at some point in The Last Time I Saw Mother by Arlene J. Chai.

Not really a crier with books/movies in general even though I'm sure I have read books that are more deserving of it than the above. I cry at stupid things. I cried in the first Ice Age movie ffs when I thought the tiger or whoever was dead. :S

iloveapple

HSC
i cried in the last harry potter book when dobby died...i really don't know why LOL.
and i remember i cried heaps in one of the twilight books...
AND the first book i ever cried for was when I was in year four, reading charlotte's web. =(

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
THE BELL JAR (sooooooo many tears)
The Secret Garden
A Little Princess
The Secret History
The Blind Assassin
Animal Farm
Wuthering Heights
Valley Of The Dolls

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
-mao's last dncer
-the kite runner
-thousand splendid suns
-the boy in striped pyjamas
-the shack

epic novels though :)

kooltrainer

HSC
1 day b4 my exams cramming to learn permutation from cambrige 3unit maths book..

T_T .. thinkin back makes me cry

kooltrainer

HSC
and yet you manage to achieve a 97. you are my idol :)
nah.. i basically learnt the concept ages ago at tutor .. and because its ages ago.. i practically forgot em all when it came to my exame....

jules.09

HSC
The FIRST novel that made me cry (which I absolutely love) is Goodnight Mr. Tom.

My FAVOURITE novel that made me cry was To Kill a Mockingbird.

It's themes of injustice or cruelty pitched in social realism that make me cry essentially.

:D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Chinese Cinderella- the bit with the duck. I dunno. I have a soft spot for baby ducks.
Whistle and I'll come- oldschool book about a dog. Yeah. Again I dunno.
The Dirt- yeah it's Motley Crue's autobiography, but there's a part where Vince's young daughter is dying of cancer and it's so tragic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)