• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Books: how much is it costing you? (1 Viewer)

Spikyboy

HSC
Gaah... I think so far I've spent over $350 and I still have to fetch one more. I'm glad I'm buying one at a time though. No way in hell am I lugging them all around at once :D

klh

HSC
in one of the ads included in the diary [those extra pieces of crap] the ysiad the normal textbookexchange.com.au but also you can get new textbooks at its sister site and they say you can save up to 20% at discounttextbooks.com.au so look at those sites as well!

EDIT: you can buy it at the discounttextbooks.com.au site, but the difference in price with it vs. co op is very marginal [like for both texts, its liek a $2 cheaper difference; however you have to pay the shipping charges so not nearly as cheap though i dont know its prices in comparison with law books and such...

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
about $195. That doesnt include a reader i need. And i was luky coz a mate lent me a textbook 4 the semester which is ormally $49.95

spillargroove

HSC
Looks like under $100.00! :) I just needed to get two Unit Readers (one was $24 and the other only $6) and I still have to get a textbook ($54). The rest is misc. stuff like Kodak film, Art Diary, technical pens etc.

Are these books for the whole year? (hopefully!)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
700$ :S....i have bought one for 125....i think i'm going to be getting second hand for the rest......

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hmm let me see...

it costed me

tax bks $220
acctin bk 100
fin bk 95
law bk 50

overall it costed me over $450 dollahs... o_O

kitty28

sparkl3z said:
700$ :S....i have bought one for 125....i think i'm going to be getting second hand for the rest......
$700 :eek:
sparkl3z, I'm doing the same degree and major as you but my textbooks add up to around $400 with the co-op discount. Its probably because I'm doing two core units (MicroBio 1 & BioChem 1) and two electives (Intro. to BioTech & PSST) which have less expensive texts.
I haven't bought them yet but I was thinking about getting secondhand books instead.

saredi87

HSC
Hi eowyn and sparkl3z - I'm also doing the same degree and major as you both :) Such a small world! My book list for this has been pretty ok - only spent about $350 (i think...) on books for this semester...only have bought the Micro 1, Biochem 1 and Ecology 2.1 books as my fourth unit (Human Physiology 3.1) doesn't have a reccommended text. Yay! Good luck with your studies this year (especially Biochem - isn't the lecturer really scary?!) !!!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol yeahhh i think i'm gonna fail biochem already :p lol i think it may be the electives that's costing me heaps....but anyways, i think 2nd hand will do me just fine for my 3 other required texts.

spillargroove

HSC
A guy who was studying English I think, he couldn't find his books and they were on a shelf behind the busy line, lol he virtually ransacked the whole shelf getting Heart of Darkness, Charles Dickens etc.

HSC
Between $350 and $400, I decided not to buy and books 2nd hand this semester because I will probably use them as references when I finish my course - so no need to sell/re sell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)