Boarding school? (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Kambala ranks alot higher than Kincoppal in last years HSC, Kincoppal also is a slightly smaller school than Kambal (which could be a good thing). In this case i would say Kambala has the upper hand. However Kambala is Anglican, so i am not sure your parents will like it.

BTW, do you have MSN?

xadrienne

HSC
z600 said:
Kambala ranks alot higher than Kincoppal in last years HSC, Kincoppal also is a slightly smaller school than Kambal (which could be a good thing). In this case i would say Kambala has the upper hand. However Kambala is Anglican, so i am not sure your parents will like it.

BTW, do you have MSN?
yeah last year's kincoppal hsc results weren't as good :mad1:
and yes i have msn ,why ..?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
xadrienne said:
yeah last year's kincoppal hsc results weren't as good :mad1:
and yes i have msn ,why ..?
The two rankings were too far apart, so i would say Kambala is better interms of result. Want your msn because i dont need to come back and keep checking this post and i can give you more info and faster that way. You dont have give it to me. If you do not wish to disclose the information, i will respect your privacy.

Last edited:

xadrienne

HSC
well what about the campuses of both schools?
which one is bigger?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
xadrienne said:
well what about the campuses of both schools?
which one is bigger?
Kinoppal is more like a historical site, but Kambala has abit of modern buildings in it. I got no idea which is bigger, i been past both school but Kinoppal looked more impressive.

xadrienne

HSC
oh cool:)
i never knew kincoppal's buildings were 'historical' either T__T

xadrienne

HSC
i'm just curious but does kincoppal - rose bay have a brother school?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I dont think so since they are catholic, I know Cranbrook and Scots is up near Kinoppal.

Trillium

HSC
Sorry didn't check this earlier.
xadrienne, i go to loreto normanhurst *grins*

Loreto kirribilli isn't a boarding school anymore... they last boarded, oh, ages ago. One of the old buildings died when a hot water boiler blew up, and rather than rebuild they demolished and got rid of boarding. I think. So says my aunt- hers was the last year to go through.

But anyway. If you're still interested, loreto's site is www.loretonh.nsw.edu.au
It's an okay school- ridiculous fees though. I think our percentage raise in fees is one of the highest in Sydney, and our rank in the HSC is dropping, i believe. So.
Hurm.

Grounds are quite pretty- we have a corner of bushland, with a cemetery in it >_<
Awesome art department.

And yeah. It's catholic. So we have mass every Sunday night that you MUST be in for.
Personally, i find that the school is one of the ones that goes on and on and on and on about wholistic learing, caring for the indivisual and being a supportive community... and then hits you over the head with a bible and tells you your personal values and morals are wrong and they won't support you in them. But that may be just me *smiles*
I'd stay away from schools that tend to push that aspect too much- sometimes you find they're self righteous and patronising/ condescending. Of course, for some people, pastoral care and that kind of atmosphere can be thought of as supportive, caring and fostering a snese of Belonging, so you know.
Each to their own. I shouldn't rant here, hey. Sorry.

Normo... i guess it's like other schools, though it tends to be less multi-cultural, perhaps because of its location? and it *is* very catholic.

Boarding wise... well. It's okay, really. The dorms are being upgraded, there's wireless access everywhere and what not, and i suppose the food is edible, really.

Good luck dude.

MorganJayde

HSC
xadrienne said:
hey so my mum wants me to go to boarding school [St. Vincent's College Potts Point] but I'm not sure whether its a good school and stuff .. and about boarding - anything I need to know?
i went to vinnies its great to an extent, PLC is better!

teaspoon

HSC
MorganJayde said:
i went to vinnies its great to an extent, PLC is better!
PLC boarding is good, but it's not catholic but they're having a 'boarding sleepover' this coming weekend (23rd) so if you're interested give them a call. Should be good :)

HSC
N/A
Unless you live in the country, I don't see the point. It develops some skills in you, I guess, but it's a huge chunk of money you're throwing away each year towards stuff you could be provided at home, mostly accommodation, food, supervision, etc. Unless your parents really hate you..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
where do you live? coz i agree with vulgarfraction, why go to boarding school if you live close enough to go to a normal school? Even if it is because your parents think you will study better at a boarding school...wouldn't you study more effectively in a familiar environment as opposed to a boarding school with a lot of people you dont know? ah well. this is just my opinion speaking as someone who would never ever ever ever board, but some people do like it.
Do YOU actually want to go? Or is it just your mum? Coz you shouldnt do it if you dont want to. :)
If you must, though...I've heard that St Scholastica’s is good.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
My friend is a weekly boarder at Wenona. (Is that the right term, weekly? She gets to come home for weekends, but on Sunday-Thursday nights she boards.) She didn't like it in Years 7 and 8, but I think she got used to it after a while. I went there once to visit her on her birthday, it looked pretty tiny (though some might call it "cosy") like the dorms were very small and everyone was on top of everyone due to limited space...but again, I think that's something you grow used to.

Last edited:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Deltan said:
Don't go to boarding. It's a waste of time and the fees are through the roof. You could better off using the money on going to a private school .

vinnies IS a Private school....

hpk

HSC
go to Barker. its co ed. you have plenty of freedom... the foods shit.. but so is everywhere.. and we came 3rd in the state out of all private schools this year in the HSC. Its an anglican school, but its pretty relaxed. You can be catholic or budhist or whatever you want.. you just have to go to school chapel for 1/2 hour a week.. and boarding chapel for 1/2 hour a week... and you have one Religion class a week.

There are plenty of scholarships for boarders and it costs about 30k a year but with scholarships for being too far away or academic or music you can cut that by 50%, 25% or 15%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)