BMI question (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
Mine was 29.something? When I was 90kg... lost a bit of weight since then though ]:

HSC
Please people, you know the comeback is "so is your face". Then we can settle this.

Anyway BMI is as already has been said absolutely useless.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Friend of Ana said:
You're not overweight.

I'm trying to get a BMI of < 14 at the moment.

It's currently 13.99999...

So frustrating.

That said, DON'T try the same thing. My predicted UAI is 30 at the moment. And plummenting.
You know what?
That is triggering for people on these forums who have suffered the same condition as you.
I'm not going to lecture you on the health problems surrounded with being a BMI less than 14, because when I was that low and in hospital I heard about it every fucking day (and still hear about it). I just ask you to try to be a little more considerate of others on these forums.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol apparently 80kg and 6ft tall is only just a good weight?

luisalow1

HSC
cookie.banana said:
No i'm anglo
i have a bmi of 18
yeah my bmi is like 18 too
i'm 168cm and go from 50 - 52kg
bmi is just bullshit anyway because it doens't take things like bone mass, muscle mass etc into account.
i'm not particularly thin.

boris

Banned
HSC
Yeah of course not, its not like its a simple easy way to categorise healthy weight ranges in the average person...

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
most websites on BMI do actually state:

"This is an indication of your healthy weight range only, for further advice see a physician. BMI is not indicative for elite athletes, body builders, people under 18.... yadayada"

It's not like they're trying to say it is absolute truth.

StoneOx

HSC
As a person who has been training for a long long time. BMI is a rediculious form of testing a persons weight range as it dose not take into consideration a persons muscular mass. As a sports model who has been is such mags as Mens health and fitness Australian I have a very well maintained body with a above average muscule mass and only 9% body fat. However my BMI states I am overwieght bordering on obesity at a BMI of 29. So you see BMIs are bullshit if you really want to know your weight range look at you body fat percentage. BMI is a joke and it should have been fazed out a long time ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)