Blogs/Online Journals and Diaries (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I thought this was probably the best forum to put this on because blogs involve both acts of reading and writing.

As a communications student we have talked a lot about Blogs etc and how they are changing journalism and communications.... they are a really interesting way for people to get their voices out on the web being heard by a global audience.

Anyway, who here keeps an online/journal or blog? Share the URL if you want....

Which sites do you think are good for hosting blogs? Pros and cons of sites you have tried?

Are there any blogs out there that you read regularly and find really entertaining/interesting/good?

I have a blog on Open Diary, but I am considering changing over to a different blogging site because Open Diary doesn't have many features available etc, so that's why I am curious about what people think of other blogging services. I would like to expand the readership of my blog so I want to find a really good blog site to host it at. I have heard that Blogger can be quite slow and lag-ish at times. Anyone use a blog site that they love?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
http://beccaxx.diaryland.com

diaryland is a really good one i find, i didnt understand lj's 2 yrs ago when i made this one. anyways i use this heaps theres almost 700 posts on it lol. so sad. but u wil notice since ive started bosing more there are less posts.

this q has been asked many many times

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jdsimon.blogspot.com , don't update it much though, just when I'm pissed off at someone/something.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm surpised/scared at the large amount of people that have blogs. I thought it was restricted to emo nerds. But apparently, its also open to a few normal people.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yay do i classify as normal????
i started doin it in art in yr 10 when we wer doin digi imaging. i couldnt actually do anythin and couldnt b bothered learning all the girls in the class made one.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beccaxx said:
yay do i classify as normal????
Not if you whinge about your existence and think people give a shit.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
hav u read it? i dont think i do that v often. my last entry yesterday i got upset, but i deliberately didnt write much cos i didnt wana whinge.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beccaxx said:
hav u read it? i dont think i do that v often. my last entry yesterday i got upset, but i deliberately didnt write much cos i didnt wana whinge.
Yeah, a couple of pages out of boredem.

From it, I found a picture of you and also figured out that you work at maccas, hence my pm yesterday.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i've started a large number of blogs in the past. my main one was blogspot but i got rid of that and created a xanga but that just didn't seem very good. i'm currently using livejournal. i've made a total of 7 livejournal accounts i've deleted over the years cause i never really got into livejournal until recently and it'll be my main blogging spot for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)