• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blade Trinity (1 Viewer)

Bobcat

HSC
this was my first Blade experience. was dragged along by friends, was good, but apparently, its the worse of the 3, so ill have to watch the others

Ending didnt do anything for me, enjoyed the rest/

i Liked the fact that Ryan spent half the movie with no shirt on....

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I went to see Blade Trinity the other day, except the soft cocks broke the motor. So we went out and walked into meet the fockers. I would've rathered Blade.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
personally i found blade 3 rather amusing. i've seen the first and second ones, the second i thought was the better in scaring the shit out of me, and the first was fairly good, but the third just made me laugh. call me sick, but all the vampires bursting left and right was hell funny.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
im glad they killed of whistler, his dialogue in this movie was completely retarded.

I rathered liked ryan, good for a little comic relief and i can't believe how cut he is now...

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
In honest truth, there was too much comedy in this movie...
Blade is supposed to be a bad ass, screw the comedy...

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
the movie sucked. Ruined the whole series. I'll pretend it just didnt exist.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
R u all kidding? Snipes had the personality of an ironing board and I'm not even gonna talk about the dufus playing dracula. The new people were what saved it and improved the franchise, I mean that vampire chick with a screw loose was cool as hell and Ryan Reynolds and that little dog were fantastic.

v sia

HSC
Im sick of hearing all this shit about

" the new characters ( biel , reynolds ) improving the movie "
" Comic relief "
"Ryan Reynolds and that little dog were fantastic."

The series or trilogy is suppose to be about dark vampires in allies , sure a little comedy here and there is nice , but come on how is Ryan Reynolds funnny ?? it seems as if the only words he uses is Fuck me , fuck me side ways , Fuck you etc. etc. etc.

Biel was okay , except for the bullshit ipod part aswell as her weapons ( bow and my favourite the " half as hot as the sun weapon " )

I have no doubt that 100 % of blade fans agree with me that part 3 totally blew it or should i say
"Ruined the whole series. I'll pretend it just didnt exist."

Collin

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
you realise the first two movies were written by goyer, right? and that blade and whistler are the most boring and inconsistent characters ever created?
Exactly, which is why I'm so surprised Goyer came up with such a shoddy script this time. Also, this was obviously Goyer's first shot at directing a Blade movie, and he sucked. If you enjoyed blade for the fact that he and Whistler got sidelined, then you're not a true Blade fan.. and was probably just taking a generalist opinion on it as a typical action film.

As a stand alone action movie, it's not bad. As a true Blade movie for diehard fans, it was fundamentally flawed beyond belief.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I hate to say it but none of you r really Blade fans since I bet none of u have read the Blade comic(which is absolutely shithouse) that the whole thing was based on so stop being such purists whining about something slightly new because it displeases your non-existent fanaticism surrounding Blade .

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Exactly, which is why I'm so surprised Goyer came up with such a shoddy script this time. Also, this was obviously Goyer's first shot at directing a Blade movie, and he sucked. If you enjoyed blade for the fact that he and Whistler got sidelined, then you're not a true Blade fan.. and was probably just taking a generalist opinion on it as a typical action film.

As a stand alone action movie, it's not bad. As a true Blade movie for diehard fans, it was fundamentally flawed beyond belief.
no, i'm not a blade fan. and too everyone saying that the comedy made the movie worse coz it's supposed to be an action movie, i could agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the action completely sucked in this movie. if there had been no comedy in blade 3, not only would it have been crap, i'm pretty sure it woulda given me cancer. as it stands it is just an extremely subpar action movie, made watchable only for its few funny scenes

v sia

HSC
crazyhomo said:
no, i'm not a blade fan. and too everyone saying that the comedy made the movie worse coz it's supposed to be an action movie, i could agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the action completely sucked in this movie. if there had been no comedy in blade 3, not only would it have been crap, i'm pretty sure it woulda given me cancer. as it stands it is just an extremely subpar action movie, made watchable only for its few funny scenes
name one family scene.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

i dunno why i said family

i meant funny

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
I hate to say it but none of you r really Blade fans since I bet none of u have read the Blade comic(which is absolutely shithouse) that the whole thing was based on so stop being such purists whining about something slightly new because it displeases your non-existent fanaticism surrounding Blade .
Pfft, you're ridiculous. Yes, I'm sure introducing new prominent characters essentially with the effect of sidelining Blade and Whistler from the entire franchise which is based around those characters is only 'something slightly new' and make us 'purists'. And yes, I'm also sure that my fanaticism about Blade is non-existent when I've openly affirmed my interest in the movies, aswell as bothering to type discussions on it up. Try not to make a mess whilst getting sliced and diced by the logic.

crazyhomo said:
The comedy was amusing, but it wasn't really appropriate IMO. The first two were always serious, and it should of stayed that way for the third. Kinda like Terminator 3; the first two were utterly serious but the third introduced alot of comical relief. Great for laughs, but again I didn't think it was good for the franchise.

Also, what was wrong with the action? If you hated the martial arts in this, you must have hated them in the first two too, especially the first one. Blade's choreography has always been hard hitting, and he fights with elegance and fluidity (unlike say.. Keanu Reeves).

My overall cons for this movie is as summarised:
- 'Nightstalkers'
- average script, average direction
- poor pacing (which really is just a subset attribute of the 'average direction', I guess)
- Whistler dies
- the constant comedy from Reynolds

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
v sia said:
i meant funny scene , ouch
when reynald's was being tortured
JKDDragon said:
Also, what was wrong with the action? If you hated the martial arts in this, you must have hated them in the first two too, especially the first one. Blade's choreography has always been hard hitting, and he fights with elegance and fluidity (unlike say.. Keanu Reeves).
one word. boring. i don't give a shit whether the fight scenes have 'elegance and fluidity'. i want a fight scene to be interesting and original, and not constantly fall back on derivitive crap. i haven't seen the first blade, but i far preferred the fight scenes in blade 2 to this steaming pile

Collin

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
one word. boring. i don't give a shit whether the fight scenes have 'elegance and fluidity'. i want a fight scene to be interesting and original, and not constantly fall back on derivitive crap. i haven't seen the first blade, but i far preferred the fight scenes in blade 2 to this steaming pile
What do you mean 'derivative crap'? The fight chereography itself wasn't the main problem. The problem were the shorter takes and inferior cinematography.. and perhaps the overall poor direction of the film which may have tarnished your enjoyment of the film leading you to lay alot of the blame on the fights instead in a biased fashion, which I would be guilty of because I reckon I would of enjoyed the fights alot more if Del Toro returned to direct.. even if the fights stayed the same. The fight moves themselves would be slightly better in Blade 2 only because there seemed to be a higher kung-fu emphasis in the choreography, which makes sense because it was choreographed by Donnie Yen.

v sia

HSC
" when Ryan Reynolds was being tortured " - " Hey vampires i just ate garlic and i farted , silent but deadly " fucken hilarious

"i want a fight scene to be interesting and original" Matrix is a very good example

What i really hated about number was the ending , the build up to the fight between Blade and the " perfect " vampire , you gotta admit that it sucked pretty bad .......... a vampire from iraq who dresses up like a samarai including the weapon AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW .... HE SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)