bizorgs + ip (1 Viewer)

HSC
i've got ross's notes - if u guys pm me ur addys (well belinda if u pm me urs i have mj and iwr's) i'll send them thru today

ethics wasn't too bad tho i'm a little annoyed at myself for not at least reading the material before i went in - kind of ran out of time a bit.

iwannarock

HSC
what are so special about ross's notes?

my tutors julliettes seemed pretty rad.

i think i might email her to get them.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I sent you a PM scarecrow!

Ross's notes are just really comprehensive, and I need as many notes as I can for this damn huge subject.

HSC
i've sent them.

i've also spent much of today trying to devise problem questions for myself to answer. here's my favourite:

Jim was a director of Abicus, a company that incurred a debt for chickens in 1994. Then the chicken farm tried to take them over, but a giant beer company was sold a majority holding for shares in kind. Then it ate them.

A board meeting was held on the 5th, and Jim abstained from voting or speaking on a proposal to buy a really overvalued duck since he owned shares in said duck. The board (Cindy and Amy are the other directors) voted to buy the duck after a 10 minute discussion over craploads of wine.

As much of the company was then consumed by a bear, it couldn’t pay its debts. It borrowed some money to try and pay its debts, but couldn’t pay that debt either (also eaten by bear). Jim left to kill roosters.

Please advise.

HSC
hmm sorry looks as if they didn't send after all - server's busy or some crap - will try again later

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I got your email! If any one else has troubling recieving it from scarecrow, just PM me and I'll try sending it too.

That's a neat question lol! Though isn't there a problem with a chicken farm acquiring a beer company... not within the company's area of business or something?

Man, I need to study so much harder. :(

HSC
is there really? i didn't know that, i thought diversification was all the rage nowadays. looks like i need to hit the books too.

most of the companies were eaten by bears in my questions. them and their children (subsidiaries).

what other questions do u think they'll likely ask us?

iwannarock

HSC
thanks for the notes!

wow they're really ARE comprehensive. this is a lot of stuff to cover. im scared.

im finding it exremely hard to study.

i keep thinking.........pfffffffffffft i only need 11/50 to pass.

i should be taking this as an opportunity to actually do well.

and scarecrow you have a definite career in problem question hypothetical writing.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm totally brainnnnnnnndead

Ta for the ross notes Tash, muchly appreciated. but they are massive and make me feel business-inadequate.

one word: in principle books. Get the 'corporations law in principle' book and all your bus org questions will be answered. Its amazing. Like orgasmic. Wowsers.

I'm considering buying it from coop and then returning it after the exam! haah!!

Wow, I have gone craaaaaazyyyy. oooh yeah.

ps the hypothetical questions are 1. directors duties and 2. members rights and remedies.... right?

iwannarock

HSC
well its over.

yay!

we surivive 4th year law./

i am quite smashed.

just got home from the ranch!

many drinkwers were had.

mj you shoulda come.

during exam i saw your friend anne looking qorst for wear and getting medical treatement. hope shes ok. didnt know what to say. its not like i could say "are you ok?". how demeaning. hope shes alright and feels better. it was hot in those rooms.

but yay. finished.

done.

on to 5th year we go.

:wave:

oh im drunk.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Whoo! What a crappy way to cap off 4th year!! Argh such hard questions, especially question 2 IMO. I HOPE I PASSED FINGERS CROSSED!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Totally forgot about the Ranch, had other dilemmas to deal with. Sounds like it was an awesome night though :) Tonight is my drunk night on the Scholar Ship with my law girls.

Belinda, WTF was question 2?!?!?!?! Everyone I have spoken to was confused about that question. Still looking at it, it makes no more sense. My answer to that was so poor, I spent about 30 minutes on it, and spent the rest of the exam looking out the window... not good. And my answer was pretty much dot points because I couldn't link it all together. Hopefully Q1 and 3 save me and give me the 10 marks I need to pass :s

But its all over - yay! Freedom is still sinking in, I think its because my better half hasn't finished yet (but he does today!). Off to buy a double bass tomorrow and vote Kevin 07!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)