bizorgs + ip (1 Viewer)

HSC
assignments, aren't they fun?

i'm thinking of doing 1(a) for bizorgs, idea/expression for IP - how about u guys?

i may end up switching to moral rights for ip - i can't seem to get my head around the idea/expression question (especially the 'discuss the limits of protection' part). does that mean discuss what the law won't protect from your work - ie its concept or idea? generally - the unoriginal parts, that which can't be reproduced, material form reqs - all the reqs, or just limits to idea/expression cases??? too many issues, two many categories of rights/works blah driving me nuts. think i'll go and have a nice bizorgy break and do some work on that assignment.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I've done my own for IP (well, am in the process of researching. Didn't do a whole lot prior to asking Susanne if it was okay. She got quite excited about my idea because she had never thought of it before, which is nice, but also seems to imply that there isn't much stuff out there...).

With Bus Org, I've done the answer to Q1 (the CSR one) because it was piss easy and only worth 15 marks. Need to get my brain into thinking mode to answer the hypothetical, although it seems fairly straight-forward. But can I just say, I hate that unit with a passion :chainsaw:

iwannarock

HSC
i met scarecrow today.

:wave:

i would have stayed so i could try and point out mj for you, but i got a crazy cough near the end of it and had to get out of there.

this fucking cough is back.

it better not stay all weekend. although.....then i could......for the first time ever..............use a medical certificate to get one more day. no no no......thats beneath me.

i may need to get on anti biotics again.

fuck.

im buying the bus orgs textbook tomorrow. will contribute more to this thread later.

iwannarock

HSC
fucking hell the co op is sold out!

agh!

im gonna have to skip on campus session and go running after this textbook.

parra uws have the package.

but thats gonna be ab itch to get to by public transport from here.

but then uts have it too.

but just the redmond book. not the legislation thing

is the legislation part necessary?

surely its all on austlii or the internet?

im gonna have to make a decision soon if i ever plan on getting back to the on campus session on time. im probbaly gonna miss a lot of important shit.

just my luck.

the universe is trying to teach me a lesson i think.

Tabris

HSC
I am trying the same strategy for admin law too, i havent read much of the textbook until the 55% take home exam comes out...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Wait, wait, wait. You are telling me that you were trying to engage in some BoS stalking action without my participation!?!?! Ha! I didn't know you were going to be there Scarecrow. I'm sad I didn't get to meet you :( Although I was in my own fantasy world most of the time, and was in a bit of a bitchy mood (that time of the month. Perfect timing, as always). Ugh, and I sat next to the stinkiest guy ever for half of the first day, but I found a friend who saved me thank god.

I thought of you IWR when Michael was talking about delinquents with crazy hair. :cool:

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
Wait, wait, wait. You are telling me that you were trying to engage in some BoS stalking action without my participation!?!?! Ha! I didn't know you were going to be there Scarecrow. I'm sad I didn't get to meet you :( Although I was in my own fantasy world most of the time, and was in a bit of a bitchy mood (that time of the month. Perfect timing, as always). Ugh, and I sat next to the stinkiest guy ever for half of the first day, but I found a friend who saved me thank god.

I thought of you IWR when Michael was talking about delinquents with crazy hair. :cool:
i was in a bad mood too. right from the very get go before even signing in. rocking up at the co op at 9am only to find it was sold out set me off like this for the rest of the day :burn: i had to go on a magical public transport journey to uts campus co op store to get my bus orgs book in the first half of the day. which if my luck continues i probably wont use anyway.

my friend kicked my chair when michael said that. and people next to me looked at me.

like i need anything more against me in becoming a lawyer.

HSC
i thought of u too iwr, but i also thought of a number of people i've met who have great jobs as lawyers - don't really think that one applies anymore. was great meeting you - sorry i missed u there mj, will have to play stalkies another time :(

hey mj - what theories did u do to make it so easy? the structures a no-brainer, but i'm finding all the theories more complex than i thought, still haven't chosen them yet

iwannarock

HSC
dunno about mj but im choosing stakeholder and i guess economic theories.

i just found articles on agis by searching csr and stakeholder theory and such. one about csr and the effect on the business goal of profit etc.

i hope they're useful. i need to read them. my internet is capped at home so im at uni downloading like mad.

im gonna try and knock csr out tonight.

im not worried about it all. although that could change when i get home tonight and actually attempt to start.

what i am worried about is the problem question. i have a bad history with problem questions.

i have no clue.

this is gonna be 4/15 property law all over again. and its worth 50%!

:burn:

HSC
u'll be right sweetie it's not as hard as you think - much of it's pretty much applying statute (ie pre-incorp and crim code). there's not much case law around, at least not that i could find

iwannarock

HSC
my csr part is done now.

albeit very badly.

on to prob q.

yep.

less than 24 hours to read 6 weeks of material......and understand it well enough to answer this shit.

im at 1300 words.

technically i could write 2000 for the problem question.

ugh.......i'll struggle to do the 1700 just to get to word count.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I am so confused about whether Peter's estate is considered a director or not. This is all so confusing!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Scarecrow, I didn't do theories, I did the other option of picking a company which was way easier in my opinion. Thats what made it so easy to belt out.

I'm hoping for a pass in this stupid assessment. Its crap.. Utter crap.

Bel, with the estate, think about this: partnerships 'end' when a partner leaves the partnership. A company keeps on going, it never ends, even with the death of a director. The director issue is also aided by the employee/director split... he is an employee only; he is employed as a director. And he is also a shareholder (which raises a whole heap of other issues).

I hope that makes sense. I have been drinking vodka which tends to cloud my judgement greatly.

HSC
it's not a director - even peter never got to be one since he died before registration, and when tom and fiona have dinner fiona's referred to as his fellow director (in singular)

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Oh phew I was on the right track! I said his estate most probably only would inherit his shares since he died before incorporation (the "fellow" director was an clear tipoff). I was just terrifed that there was some measley sentence in that huge book about having to uphold pre-incorporation decisions between parties on who gets to become directors.

HSC
my issue goes more to registration of his shares - the facts never state that they were registered, so i reckon the facts are a little unclear as to what actually happened to them - so i covered both situations ie if the shares were registered v if his proposed shares ceased to exist after his death

Belinda

O_o
HSC
How strictly do we have to follow the question though? I don't know how indepth to go into shares as the question asks for advice to his estate in relation to the contracts with Vietnam Homewares.

iwannarock

HSC
*reads mj,scarecrow,belinda discussion*

*nods head in attempt to look like understands*

*searches plane tickets one way to amsterdam*

HSC
aww sweetie it's ok the estate part's the only one i think that's really throwing people - the majority of the prob q's really just about statutory application (mostly anyway)

b - i know what you mean, i was tempted to go into detail regarding sucession and shares, but ended up just saying well this is what happens if they're in play and this is what happens if they aren't - so i just answered it to the extent it was relevant to the q, i didn't go into the law of share transfer or anything

iwannarock

HSC
um,

is it just me or is there only one page. p112. dealing with contracts made pre incorp.

:confused:

so that dealts with fiona and board of directors.

but this peter business is fucked.

shares shmares. liability shmiability. alive when the contracts were made? what is this entity before it was registered. partnership? nothing? not that i'd know what that'd entail.

ugh.

so anyway q2 im guessing is violation of corporation constitution and assumptions and all that bullshit. pg 300 to 350 around or something.

and q3........criminal code......still need to understand that.

i hate this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)