bizorgs + ip (1 Viewer)

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I still need to finish my reflective journal for Dispute Resolution due Friday. Then it's Legal Ethics and IP. Oh joy.

Yeah, I read Sebastian's sample answer too. ARGH SO DEPRESSING. His answer was so good! And he even had a contents page! o_O I'm afraid to get my marks back. My tutor said that he didn't see any failed mark, at least that's somewhat positive news. I hope he's right!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I opened Sebastian's assignment, and I'm sorry but the first thing I thought was "what a wanker, he has a CONTENTS page!!". He's a nice guy, but I think thats quite over-the-top.

IWR, Sorry I would have told you that ethics is crap if I had known you didnt have the book yet. You can do what I did: sweet copyright infringement. I think I highlighted about three pages of content in the whole book. And then Michael its only the first 2 chapters that are directly relevant. Just read the Act and Rules for the second half of the exam.

Belinda, I feel your pain re: dispute. Its awful writing 'I' all the time, it feels so dirty and wrong! ;) Your partner was Steph, right? She's just lovely. Nice to hear you settled; my partner was a slacker, didnt reply for the first week, and we didnt settle. Ah well, writing the journal was quite cathartic!

iwannarock

HSC
bus orgs marks are up on webct.

after reading sebastians answer.........index and all......and dont forget the footnotes that weren't just references........but like more writing like in the journal articles you read.............i thought...........failure.

then i checked. and it said 39. which i find hard to believe. after sitting at the computer making sure i had the right student number and that i was lining it up ok i thought hmmmmmmm.

its unpossible. i looked at the suggested answers and stuff. i didnt cover a good deal of stuff we were supposed to talk about in the problem question.

i will not believe it til i am holding the hard copy of the essay in my hands.

oh and just a side note.

hartford davies.

h.d.

HD

it all makes sense now.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
MaryJane said:
Belinda, I feel your pain re: dispute. Its awful writing 'I' all the time, it feels so dirty and wrong! ;) Your partner was Steph, right? She's just lovely. Nice to hear you settled; my partner was a slacker, didnt reply for the first week, and we didnt settle. Ah well, writing the journal was quite cathartic!
I totally agree! It's so weird using "I" in an assignment. And yup Steph was lovely, the negotiation went unbelievably smooth! Guess I got lucky! Sucks to hear that you got an unresponsive partner, but hey that's something to reflect on as well! :p

And whoo! Congrats on the Distinction IWR! If you thought you did badly in the second section, maybe you did really well in the first one?

I'm surprised to see so many people apparently hadn't handed in their assignment??

HSC
iwr - nice one brova!

i got a D too, which was a great end to an incredibly crappy day. wish i could say the same for my ip assignment :(

man am i crapping myself over IP - i don't see how i'm going to write 2500 words in a day!!

also - i missed the last ip tute (had modern corporate due) so if u guys attended and took notes anyway i could mooch? pretty please?? i'll take my top off ;)

hope dispute resolution went ok xx

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
iwr - nice one brova!

i got a D too, which was a great end to an incredibly crappy day. wish i could say the same for my ip assignment :(

man am i crapping myself over IP - i don't see how i'm going to write 2500 words in a day!!

also - i missed the last ip tute (had modern corporate due) so if u guys attended and took notes anyway i could mooch? pretty please?? i'll take my top off ;)

hope dispute resolution went ok xx
omg awesome yay d's. i did shit in ip. but a p is a p. funny that. i thought for sure my bus orgs was so bad that there was no way i could do better in it than ip.

and im screwed too. and ofcourse u can write 2500 words in a day. it can be done. u've done it before surely.

oh and i dont want to be the bringer of bad news.......but the last ip tute was the most useful tute i've ever learned in ip.

she had these handouts that had a guide to problem questions for patents......trademarks......copyrights etc......and sample problem questions. we worked through one. it was seriously only 2 paragraphs. but yet it took like 1 and a half hours and was so much to cover.

i dont have a scanner.......ummmmm..........but i can tell you page numbers. its that ip principles book (its blue and pink). its all scanned from that it seems.

it is gold i tell you. you must get them. kill people for them. kill me for them? :santa:

HSC
hehe don't tempt me

but will u be at uni on sat/sun/mon? i'd love to photocopy ur notes for that tute man!

iwannarock

HSC
yo scarecrow check your pm's

i come bearing gifts

:wave:

iwannarock

HSC
well i still havent finished with patents.

then trademarks and designs and conf info.

2morow is gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun:burn:

HSC
it's all right sweetie, we're all in this together

have u got a study guide or anything? if not, google 'intellectual property notes' (jaani online notes aren't bad) or relevant issues (eg subsistence of copyright etc) for more simplified explanation of what's required. then just google the cases if u're looking for a one sentence explanation of what it stands for. i've read all the readings, but i'm still going to be relying quite a bit on google and study guides today i'm sure - there's just too much material to instantly call it all to mind. and where u have issues just post them on bos. and check on ur pm status - i may have gifts of my own.

thanks so much for ur notes mj and iwr by the way - u're both absolute legends in my book

much love guys, soon we'll neva have to do ip again!!

iwannarock

HSC
i think im gonna do questions 1 and 3.

cases that sprung to mind are hadley v kemp (unless shes trying to trick us with the "they're like a band that jam"). derek and john whether theres joint ownership or john was the author who created all the copyright work.

then wilson weiss art. thats where that artist discovered all her stuff was everywhere (like DJ's).

then for lbc and promethius i guess thats to do with authorisation of infringement. i cant remember now but there were cases were an isp was held accountable for a defendant that it was providing internet for because that defendant was infringing copyright (i think with mp3's). universal music v cooper and um v sharman.

what im gonna have problems with is with 1 and 3 it seems stuff can bleed over from each question. i hope i have the right stuff in the right place.

iwannarock

HSC
well this is fucked. 6pm and i only just started writing.

and q1 fucks me around. theres things i may talk about where i think.......hmmmmmm this is probably meant for q4 stuff.

basically all i got is what rights tj has in the works, joint ownership issue with derek, infringement of copyright from lbc and derek.......and whether tj can take action against derek for the trademarks thing.

but these things seem like they could be in q1,q3, and q4.

argh!

:burn:

HSC
sounds like u're on the right track

i'm doing 2 and 3 because they seem more defined, although s 3 took forever so i'm just starting 2 now. haven't even read the essay q. looks like it's gonna be a long nite:burn:

iwannarock

HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
sounds like u're on the right track

i'm doing 2 and 3 because they seem more defined, although s 3 took forever so i'm just starting 2 now. haven't even read the essay q. looks like it's gonna be a long nite:burn:
i was gonna do 2 because it was straight forward. i just didnt know enough about patents.

my q1 is a joke.

q3 is relatively better. just finished up discussing direct infringement. now need to talk about authorisation and the isp hosting. see i talked about lpb's trademark use in q1 for tribal john. (i assumed its only copyright infringement for q3) whatever.

long night indeed.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
*Joins in the long-nightness*

I just finished question 2 *is soooo slow*. Gonna do q 3. Argh those essay ones look terrible.

The word limit is killing me.

HSC
i know what u mean - my first q is like 300 ova at least and still not finished! moral rights... anyone know the relevant sections? i don't really understand the statutory application re works and subject matter other than.

iwannarock

HSC
i really should have done q2.

my problem question is done.

its alarming that i went through it so quick.

on to the essay.

im gonna do the first one i think.

seems to be about the whole private v public thing.

time to go search agis for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarticles.

and scarecrow moral rights is in CA. im just looking at the sections i quoted from my moral rights essay.

s 193(1) s 195AI s195AK s195 AR s 195 AS s195 AWA (2) s 195 AZA

whole thing begins part IX

i dunno how it applies to different works.

iwannarock

HSC
im about 300 words away from finishing......and moving on legal ethics. which im fucked for. whole subject in a day. and an exam agh!

if you guys are doing the q1 essay.......the horn article is good from the readings. the copyright balance etc.

hell even the first few chapters of the textbook has some gold.

i'll fill this last 300 words with patents and the genome shit. they be taking yo piece of nature and be making it all private like yo!

iwannarock

HSC
im done. spellcheck...........print.

wait no print this time.

online submit.

im scared to submit it right now. especially if i find out a whole tonne of crap is wrong later on. also if i submit now its like i havent bothered to fix things. but if i submit at 4 50pm its like a down to the wire thing.

but i have to go sleep and wake up for ethics.

its a dangerous balancing act im running here. i have to do just enough to pass ip. but not so much that i run in to precious ethics study time.

:santa:

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Bah Ethics done today. How did you guys find it? Relatively straightforward compared to the practice exam, but still, it's worth 100% of that course and that's just worrying unto itself!

Now the scariest exam of them all left... Bus Orgs. Is anyone in, or know anyone in, Ross Hodgson's class (he takes Wednesday mornings and afternoons). Do you know whether he has responded to requests for his notes yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)