Biology Predictions/Thoughts (3 Viewers)

zizi2003_

HSC
yeah I really liked mod 5 but the mammal hormone and this one really screwed it up for me, memorising like 8 different methods of reproduction was pre boring too tbh
WAIT what 8 diff methods of reproduction !?!?
isnt it just internal, external, sexual and asexual??

Leadmen4y

HSC
NOOOO whtyyyyyyyyy
RELAX YOU GOT THIS, it's not much to remember for population genetics
wait whats ur eg for this? I'm using a scientist that surveyed ppl n made a pedigree, which helped him find the inheritance pattern of a disease as my its a pre shit one tbh lol

mikrokosmos

HSC
wait whats ur eg for this? I'm using a scientist that surveyed ppl n made a pedigree, which helped him find the inheritance pattern of a disease as my its a pre shit one tbh lol
my tutor didnt mention no case study </3

zizi2003_

HSC
LOLOL
i was gonna use that koala haplotype study thats in the in Focus textbook lol
so how scientists used haplotype networks and mtDNA to study the variation in the koala population- found out that koalas in south aus had very little variation and were hence at risk of extinction

shadowlike04

HSC
I've got some examples you can use for population genetics maybe do some more reasearch on them cuz this is kinda basic: The UNFAO runs a collaborative project called "The state of the world's animal genetic resources for food & agriculture and the focus on monitoring the genetic diversity for conservation efforts by analysing DNA sequencing data on various flora and fauna as well as regulating hunting practices. Another one is the international HapMap project which aims to develop a haplotype map of the human genome, detailing patterns of genetic varation between humans through the frequency & distribution of SNPs. It helps identify genetic disorders, susceptibility to disease and inheritance of disease. Also research into human evolution by tracking mitochondrial DNA to find the 'mitochondrial eve'

zizi2003_

HSC
like binary fission, budding, spores, fragmentation the ones for fungi and protist. budding was asked in a hsc question so don't want to take any risk u know o_O
OHHH THATTT AHAHHA i got scared
na but honestly i hate them too,, esp asexual reproduction methods in plants

Leadmen4y

HSC
I've got some examples you can use for population genetics maybe do some more reasearch on them cuz this is kinda basic: The UNFAO runs a collaborative project called "The state of the world's animal genetic resources for food & agriculture and the focus on monitoring the genetic diversity for conservation efforts by analysing DNA sequencing data on various flora and fauna as well as regulating hunting practices. Another one is the international HapMap project which aims to develop a haplotype map of the human genome, detailing patterns of genetic varation between humans through the frequency & distribution of SNPs. It helps identify genetic disorders, susceptibility to disease and inheritance of disease. Also research into human evolution by tracking mitochondrial DNA to find the 'mitochondrial eve'
wait r u doing accelerated bio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)