Biology Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Porogamiii

HSC
Judging by the insane alignment of last year's exam (raws got boosted more than phys or chem) we can assume it's gonna be a hard test (but very rewarding for those who do well). 😖

nini.nico

HSC
The HSC is much harder than any trial exam we’ve ever faced. This will be the ultimate challenge of our skill.
oh no...
our school didn't do trials so we're just working through 2019, 2020 and 2021's CSSA papers and i hate them
im not excited lmao

Porogamiii

HSC
oh no...
our school didn't do trials so we're just working through 2019, 2020 and 2021's CSSA papers and i hate them
im not excited lmao
Yeah same. My bet is there's gonna be a 20mk crossmodule between 8 and 6 cuz they know everyone likes 7 and hates 5/6 lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
When I check the website @jimmysmith560 gave, everything seems to scale up. But whenever I use the atar calculator everything except extension 2 maths scales down?
Keep in mind that the marks that you plug into an ATAR calculator are considered HSC marks, comprised of an Assessment Mark worth 50% and an Examination Mark worth 50%. The Assessment Mark is subject to the moderation process and the Examination Mark is subject to alignment. Our focus here is on the Examination Mark, which starts as a raw mark. This raw mark is then aligned, resulting in an Examination Mark that you receive as part of your results after you complete your HSC. The data provided on https://rawmarks.info/ constitutes raw marks and aligned marks, which are relevant to the Examination Mark, hence 50% of the HSC mark, as opposed to the marks that you input into an ATAR calculator.

Chungus

HSC
Yea there’s a website that shows previous raw marks and what they got scaled to for the hsc mark. It shows that most raw marks get scaled up. But when I use the atar calculator it shows that raw marks get scaled down
Yea basically in the atar calculator you put in the aligned hsc mark, not the raw mark, the ‘scaled mark’ part of the atar calculator isn’t really relevant, you’re better off looking at the atar equivalent of the aligned hsc mark

notme123

HSC
Yea there’s a website that shows previous raw marks and what they got scaled to for the hsc mark. It shows that most raw marks get scaled up. But when I use the atar calculator it shows that raw marks get scaled down
basically, everything gets scaled-down but that's because they have to fit aligned scores from 50-100 (band 1 is not credited) into a range of 0-100 which is the scaled mark that ranks every possible individual marks from each unit against every other possible mark in every other subject. its the method of standardising and comparing subjects on a scale from 0-50 per unit. eg an 85 aligned in biology may scale to a 72, or 36/50 per unit, while an aligned mark of 85 in drama may scale to a 64, or 32/50 per unit. this is because an 85 aligned in bio is inherently better than an 85 aligned in drama. this is done for every subject and for every possible aligned mark

lily5885

HSC
i have a feeling there will be more questions specific to the fertilization topic, more crossovers between modules, more epidemiological data to graph/analyse.

its gonna be hard this yr i have a feeling lol

lily5885

HSC
you will never know what surprises they can pulll so study everything thoroughly

cloud_berry

HSC
i have a feeling there will be more questions specific to the fertilization topic, more crossovers between modules, more epidemiological data to graph/analyse.

its gonna be hard this yr i have a feeling lol
oh god pls not epidemiology, we learnt that during lockdown 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)