Biggest turn offs ever? (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
erawamai said:
I always felt 'lack of clingyness' was code for I don't really want to get to know the other person too well. If you really like the person you don't mind them being clingy...because you really like them.

I really like my boy friend... doesn't mean I don't really like my friends as well.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
No, IMO clingy refers to guys that don't want us to go out without them, want to spend 24/7 with us, want us to give up everything for them...we still need our own lives!!

sabdow

HSC
miss_gtr said:
even if she was really nice and all? you wouldnt go for her cuz she was fat?

ok. fair enough.
I wouldn't. I would have to get her 2 cinema seat tickets each time we went to the cinemas, I'd have to fork out $20 just for her MacDonald's lunch.

I'd have to pay 40% extra on clothes because I have to order them overseas because she's so fat they don't make her size anywhere in Australia, and pay huge overseas tax fees.

When I get older and own a car, I would have to heighten the suspension by about 2 meters whenever I planned to take her somewhere so that the car could move.

I wouldn't be able to take her for walks in the park because she'd suffocate if she had to walk 15 minutes in a park without food or soft drink.

I can't talk to her on MSN Messenger because she always gets the "Error; Your fingers are too fat for this conversation" message

I wouldn't be able to take her walking around the city and through centennial park for a picnic because she takes up a whole bench when she sits down.

My friends would think she has cancer because the flabs in her stomach makes it look like she has 27 tits

When people check out one of her assets, her ass, they don't say "wow what an ass!" they say "dear god.. it's alive"

Last but not least, god knows how much of my dick would be left if I let her mouth near it.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
No, IMO clingy refers to guys that don't want us to go out without them, want to spend 24/7 with us, want us to give up everything for them...we still need our own lives!!
Isn't that called committment? When you committ properly (say in marriage) all that above applies.

Modern womens typical independence inspired by the feminist movement tends to undermine marriages and explains why the divorce rate is so high. Men and women so concerned about their own individual needs and forgetting to give (ie a very traditional male approach). When you 'fall in love' you give up alot and you put alot of your life into the hands of the other person. There is little individualism in marriage or true love.

Hence I never really understand why some people (including boys) don't like clingyness. You love or like the person...you want them to be with you. You want to share you time. the whole 'we need our own lives!' doesn't really work in a marriage or a serious relationship. It implies that being together is some kind of burden that needs to be escaped from.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
miss_gtr said:

ok. fair enough.
I wouldn't. Why the fuck would u go for someone whose ugly no matter how nice they are? I avoid fat chicks like I avoid buttpirates.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The most successful marriages I know of work largely because the people involved have time out, they see their friends independantly, and they don't spend every single second of every single day together. Yes, its nice to spend time with your partner, but at the same time you still need your own life.
Will you expect your future wife to give up her friends to be with you? Alternatively, will you give up your friends and boys nights for your partner? Because I can guarentee if you do, you'll eventually go somewhat insane

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i think it depends on what you mean by it really :p
i can see what you mean and there are girls like that out there who want a guy as a show piece.
but no, im not like that! emotional attachment is really important but ive heard from a lot of people in very long term relationships (like 10 years plus) that one of the key ways to make it work is for both people to maintain their own hobbies, interests and friends while sharing things with their partner. that way the relationship doesnt grow stale and things like "oh i always have to do things with you" or "im sick of not doing what i love" start to crop up.
if you love the person, i think giving them room to breathe makes them happier, gives them time to do their own thing. it keeps the relationship interesting. after all, you fell in love with an individual and there's nothing wrong with that person maintaining his/her own interests because its part of who they are :)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
The most successful marriages I know of work largely because the people involved have time out, they see their friends independantly, and they don't spend every single second of every single day together.
Thats true.

Will you expect your future wife to give up her friends to be with you? Alternatively, will you give up your friends and boys nights for your partner? Because I can guarentee if you do, you'll eventually go somewhat insane
Friends and peers are overrated. Extended friend circles only exist to knock people down. The only person who will ever really love you and care for you is your bf or gf. I'd wouldn't give up my friends for my gf but I'm place my gf in front of my friends.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I just think it's funny that girls have been dumped and rejected and treated like crap for there apparent clingy-ness and now girls can't say that about a guy?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
I just think it's funny that girls have been dumped and rejected and treated like crap for there apparent clingy-ness and now girls can't say that about a guy?
I don't many many normal guys would ever dump a girl they actually liked for being clingy.

If a guy dumps a girl for being clingy its just an excuse to dump them for being not their type or nuts.

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ok boys, most girls I know put a lot of effort into clothing/hair/perfume, etc, all with the sole purpose of attracting you guys...what I want to know, does it work, or do you not give a stuff about how we smell (provided we don't reek of B.O)?
Perfume is definately good... very very good. Clothing is dependable... as long as it isnt slutty or excessively baggy its all good. Hair is probably the least significant... i never really notice it. In fact i tend to favour hair out for some reason... i reckon it looks wierd when its tied back or had a dozen bobby pins sticking everywhere...

I reckon its good if a girl looks after herself to enhance her looks, but not to the point where she tries to make herself look better. Its a fine line... but i can definately tell when its been crossed.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
wrong thread matty, this is for the girls :p

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miss_gtr said:

ok. fair enough.
i think you have to understand that no matter if you believe in sex before marriage or not, you're going to have to sleep with that person and do other sexual things with them. if you're not attracted to them, it could be really hard to have a good sex life, and that kills a lot of relationships no matter how "unimportant" you think it might be now.
i don't have issues with overweight people, they're ruining their own health not mine and no matter if you're fat, skinny, curvy or just up and down, you're a person.
but as a matter of attraction, it's important to look nice- i dont mean washboard abs, but i mean looking after yourself.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
turn ons:
straight white teeth and nice smile
tall and tanned
intelligent and witty.

turn offs:
stupid
ugly (personality/looks)
unfaithfull

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)