Biggest pickle of my life (1 Viewer)

wkim7

HSC
Hi guys, I'm a 2012 graduate and I've received my main round offer as B Mechanical Eng/M Biomedical Eng at UNSW.
However, yesterday, I received a late round offer from USYD for B Biomedical Eng.

Just comparing both unis, i need to get a credit average in the first three years of my undergraduate program at UNSW to do my Masters in Biomedical Engineering. In total, this course duration is 5 years (provided that I do manage to achieve the credit average).

USYD on the other hand, provides an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering, and is 4 years in length, which means it is essentially a year shorter.

I've asked around a lot but many of the people I asked are from UNSW and I feel as though I'm receiving biased opinions. PLEASE HELP!! WHICH UNI SHOULD I GO TO?

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Can I laugh at you?

(I kid I kid)

If it were me, I would take B Mechanical Eng/M Biomedical Eng at UNSW without second thought. Sure, it is longer, but at least it isn't Medicine long.

Here's a couple of questions to ask yourself.
Have you been to info days/open days, and if so, which uni would you prefer?
Would you be willing to take an extra year to get a Masters degree which may assist employment opportunities?

D94

HSC
N/A
Would Masters in Biomedical Engineering be "better" than a Bachelors? I would say yes, especially since a lot of Biomedical jobs are research and design based, which ties in nicely with your Masters thesis and research.

J

JAKEHARB

I'd go USYD, mainly because I wouldn't be bothered doing a double degree and USYD course is a whole year shorter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)