• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BIG PROBLEM! should I do part time job doing my YR 12. PLZ HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

chrisong1

HSC
N/A
This is a really big problem for me. I would really appreciate peoples advice on this one.

My ATAR goal is extremely high (99.65) (combined law degree), this means I must study extremely hard (more than others) in yr 12 to recieve this ATAR. I am not even in a selective school which makes it even more difficult.

The question is should I do a part-time job "6hours" per week????? Would this affect my study alot? 6 hours is a heck of alot of study time...

What do you guys think?
quit the part-time job?

Gigacube

HSC
Quit the part time job to give yourself more time to study and more breaks.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
This is a really big problem for me. I would really appreciate peoples advice on this one.

My ATAR goal is extremely high (99.65) (combined law degree), this means I must study extremely hard (more than others) in yr 12 to recieve this ATAR. I am not even in a selective school which makes it even more difficult.

The question is should I do a part-time job "6hours" per week????? Would this affect my study alot? 6 hours is a heck of alot of study time...

What do you guys think?
quit the part-time job?
I work casually at Big W and find it really helpful

you need to do something else than study, 6hrs is nothing

Keep the part-time job if it isn't frustrating

Im keeping mine for yr 12, but taking a month off during the external trials

zxreth

HSC
depends on your circumstances really. do you really need the job? i.e. would you be supporting your family with the money earnt? if so, then i guess you could apply for the EAS scheme. otherwise, no. especially with the course you want.

geni3

Banned
HSC
N/A
lols, you are one stupid asian, driven solely by marks, wow everything must be law or medicine lol.

Be smart , you are only thinking for today , the smart person thinks for tommorow, next week, next year etc.

You give up that job and you will never get a job again , retail places rarely hire people that are over 18yrs old.

dumb asian

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
you need to have a balance so you dont get stressed out, if you like your job keep it, but if you are just doing it for money definitely quit.

jnney

lemon
HSC
6 hours is not a big deal. i know how you feel, but you need to LIVE. relax, calm down. you'll do well.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
you need to do something else than study, 6hrs is nothing
Keep the part-time job if it isn't frustrating
Im keeping mine for yr 12, but taking a month off during the external trials
Pretty much this.
The only reason I would quit my job would be because I had another, better job.
I hate my job and I would never think of quitting if I didn't have another job, but I do need to support family, etc. :/

jamesfirst

HSC
Most people say it's okay to have one. But I'm not. Because I have to have a long break and a long study time. Honestly 1 day isn't enough for me to solve math questions + read frankenstein + make english notes + phy/chem past papers + break

Aindan

HSC
Have you already been working for a while? How are you finding it? Can you cope with the work/study/life balance? If you're doing well in school, and not under stress then keeping the job is good.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
try the job for a while and see how you cope. If you don't like it and find its taking too much of your time then quit lol

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about you, but giving me extra time by getting rid of a commitment just makes me bludge more.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I've only got a casual job because i'm going overseas at the end of the year and need the money. It's not hard to take a few weeks off in exam periods, like i did for half yearly. However, if you don't need the money and your parents/centrelink will support you, i wouldn't bother with a job.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I don't know about you, but giving me extra time by getting rid of a commitment just makes me bludge more.
This. Job ensures your time is occupied -> Closes time for bludging -> Do your fucking work

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Thats why i still have mine, plus then my parents won't say go outside and do something

jamesfirst

HSC
This. Job ensures your time is occupied -> Closes time for bludging -> Do your fucking work

I worked with my parents and when I come home, I am tired as hell so I can't start studying.

For me, if I have the free time (bludge time) it gives me more option and freedom to when I should study. SO yeahh ... I'm going overseas after HSC too, but I'll be making my own money after HSC

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I worked with my parents and when I come home, I am tired as hell so I can't start studying.

For me, if I have the free time (bludge time) it gives me more option and freedom to when I should study. SO yeahh ... I'm going overseas after HSC too, but I'll be making my own money after HSC
threads like these can always be summarised to -

you're going to be working during uni anyways, might as well train yourself

hsc is easymode

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
6 hours is nothing. Many people have a job and sport + other commitments and do well in the HSC. Often people who don't have other things to occupy them other than study tend to burn out and procrastinate alot which is counterproductive.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yes you idiot i had a weekend job and i did barely any study and got 95+ stop being weak

smartalec

HSC
unless your like a full on motivated machine, go for it. unlike me, the more time i have, the more time i waste. so i go to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)