big ppl, small clothes (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Fat people are more offensive to society :rolleyes:. Although I have been 'grossed out' by as many extremely thin people as I have been by extremely obese people.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Lundy said:
Fat people are more offensive to society :rolleyes:. Although I have been 'grossed out' by as many extremely thin people as I have been by extremely obese people.
ditto, this lady walks all the time in our area, and she's so very very skinny (i.e. anorexic) and it grosses everyone out

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It is interesting a few hundred years ago it was attractive to be pasty white and fat as this symbolised wealth as you had access to more food than you needed and you didn't need to go out in the fields and be physically active. Now, its attractive to be slim and tanned as it shows you have self restraint with food and have enough spare time to get out in the sun. I wonder what will be 'in' in another few hundred years?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
It is interesting a few hundred years ago it was attractive to be pasty white and fat as this symbolised wealth as you had access to more food than you needed and you didn't need to go out in the fields and be physically active. Now, its attractive to be slim and tanned as it shows you have self restraint with food and have enough spare time to get out in the sun. I wonder what will be 'in' in another few hundred years?
just because you're not tanned doesnt mean you dont go outside :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I know! I don't tan, I burn and peel :( Guess that means I go against todays societal norms of what is 'attractive'

Always

HSC
braad said:
ditto, this lady walks all the time in our area, and she's so very very skinny (i.e. anorexic) and it grosses everyone out
Weight is not the issue here. Some people can't help being very thin because they have high metabolisms. Or they may have issues with their weight. Those people should not be laughed at.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Just as some people are predisposed to gaining weight no matter what they eat or how much they exercise.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yes, thankyou. I went to school with a girl who could not help but put on weight, no matter what. She was teased and ridiculed from year 7 to year 12, I was one of the very few people who got to know her. She ate about 1/4 of what I did but was twice the size and no matter what just couldn't lose weight....she was labelled lazy and all that and it was just so immature and disgusting.

I would like everyone who is of relatively normal size who are quick to defend very skinny people saying 'its just how they are, they might not be able to put on weight' to step back and see it the other way too. And Im sure most of us girls here know its a lot easier to put on weight than it is to lose it!

Always

HSC
Though diet and exercise certainly helps, size is predetermined by genes, the same way figure and height is.

I have a friend who is very, very thin naturally and eats like a pig because she's been trying to put on weight for years - unsuccessfully.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I have a friend who is very, very thin naturally and eats like a pig because she's been trying to put on weight for years - unsuccessfully.
So how is someone who is, say a size 6, "better" or "less disgusting" than a person who is, say, a size 26?

Skeeta

HSC
protein shakes and meal supplement shakes as well as normal meals help - i was on all that crap after i had food posoning

Always

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So how is someone who is, say a size 6, "better" or "less disgusting" than a person who is, say, a size 26?
They're not. :)

Skeeta

HSC
i dont understand NTB?!

am i the only one?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Ohh who cares. Obviously you guys do but seriously, its for those people who decide to wear those clothes to decide for themselves. If they can fit into them and look good, then good for them. If theyre in denial, then let them be in denial.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
I would like everyone who is of relatively normal size who are quick to defend very skinny people saying 'its just how they are, they might not be able to put on weight' to step back and see it the other way too. And Im sure most of us girls here know its a lot easier to put on weight than it is to lose it!
that is very true.

although i understand that eating disorders and obesity are diseases and often psychological, there are a lot of women who dont have dysfunctions, they are simply trying to look good in clothes.

im sorry, but hipsters by definition in my opinion are made for skinny people. as are the summery dresses this season. slimming down is actually healthy, people are a little too preoccupied with the idea of embracing ones "curves" to notice whether or not they are a healthy weight.

i have found that a large percentage of teenagers and young adults dont excercise at all.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
im sorry, but hipsters by definition in my opinion are made for skinny people. as are the summery dresses this season. slimming down is actually healthy, people are a little too preoccupied with the idea of embracing ones "curves" to notice whether or not they are a healthy weight.

i have found that a large percentage of teenagers and young adults dont excercise at all.
That's stupid, all fashion is 'made' for skinny people because it looks 'better' on skinny people. So what if not everyone excercises, if you have a problem with how they look go cry for a while then grow up.

bex

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
That's stupid, all fashion is 'made' for skinny people because it looks 'better' on skinny people. So what if not everyone excercises, if you have a problem with how they look go cry for a while then grow up.
yeah i can agree with the fashion items looking better on skinny peops- i wouldnt be caught dead in a ra ra skirt or skinny jeans! i look waaaaay better in tailored pants, collored shirts, v necks, knee length pleats and wrap dresses (even though i am envious of all those cute summer dresses! )

and yeah i have curves..and a couple of extra kilos but i excercise and try to eat healthily.. my problem is i like food too much! its just way to tasty and looks and smells so good! hahaha

but i like my soft features and i enjoy my life as it is.. and anyone who doesnt like it can get fucked cause its my life and body.. not theirs..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i am NOT by any means a super skinny person. i have slimmed down a little from excersize and a healthy diet and like the way this makes me feel rather than the way it makes me look.

i just mentioned the excersize because i think that a lot of eating disorders can come from the fact that due to little or no excersize, people are unhappy with how they look and instead of getting fit and healthy through excersize, they stop eating.

i just think that peoples overall health would increase and body image and self esteem would also increase through healthier lifestyles. the obesity problem in australia is growing, and apathy due to the state of peoples bodies is not entirely necessary as it is able to be changed, as is the problem of underweight people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)