BIG dilemma (1 Viewer)

pscecelia

HSC
hey guys i really need help on whether or not i should keep ancient history ...

i spoke to the career advisor n he told me to keep ancient over senior science...but i really HATE ancient and senior science is alright ...

i don't know whether i should listen to his "professional opinion" or go with my "heart"

my heart is telling me to drop it but i don't trust myself with 10units......is it possible to get like a 90 in senior science or it it impossible..btw im those freakishly nerdy people soo im guessing that it IS IMPOSSIBLE to get a 90, right????

plus who the freakk does ancient like tbh it's interesting and all the jazz but seriously its a waste of time, like i wouldn't want to be doing my HSC on it ...just saying...

so should i keep it or not .. if it helps i do eng adv, modern, french beg, chem, senior sci n ancient.....

im going strong in all subs especially french.. getting 90>

english 80>
modern 85>
chem75>
ancient 85>
senior sci..only moved in
these are from prelim

BrokenDisc

HSC
Stick with Ancient. I had to read for the hsc exams for students this year and ancient just seemed a lot easier to pick up marks in. Although, senior science is fairly simple but there is specific detail and reference needed . Good luck with your choice!

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
You can bs your way through an essay in a history course, but i'm not sure if that's possible to do in a science. Wait until you get some results from the first round of assessments.

pscecelia

HSC
REALLY seriously!!!! i was full planning for you to tell me to drop ancient history...i have an assesment due n i was like "thank the lord im dropping" but now i guess im keeping ancient ????

Girls

HSC
REALLY seriously!!!! i was full planning for you to tell me to drop ancient history...i have an assesment due n i was like "thank the lord im dropping" but now i guess im keeping ancient ????
Everything here is advice. If you legitimately want to drop ancient, you don't need to ask us or listen to the careers advisor, just do it.

Rectanglor

HSC
Just know that Ancient has the most amount of content for any HSC course.
Also, if you aren't able to remember bits of evidence which can be used to formulate an argument, there's no point doing Ancient.
Just my two cents :)

Aysce

HSC
Wait for the first round of assessments and determine what to drop. You never know, you may like Ancient history sooner or later, but if you ABSOLUTELY hate it and you're doing poorly, it's a no brainer to drop. Let these things play out until half yearly and then decide what to drop accordingly.

nifkeh

HSC
hey guys i really need help on whether or not i should keep ancient history ...

i spoke to the career advisor n he told me to keep ancient over senior science...but i really HATE ancient and senior science is alright ...

i don't know whether i should listen to his "professional opinion" or go with my "heart"

my heart is telling me to drop it but i don't trust myself with 10units......is it possible to get like a 90 in senior science or it it impossible..btw im those freakishly nerdy people soo im guessing that it IS IMPOSSIBLE to get a 90, right????

plus who the freakk does ancient like tbh it's interesting and all the jazz but seriously its a waste of time, like i wouldn't want to be doing my HSC on it ...just saying...

so should i keep it or not .. if it helps i do eng adv, modern, french beg, chem, senior sci n ancient.....

im going strong in all subs especially french.. getting 90>

english 80>
modern 85>
chem75>
ancient 85>
senior sci..only moved in
these are from prelim

I'm doing ancient hist atm, not fully enjoying but I'd say it would be easier to get a 90 in that than senior science

nifkeh

HSC
You can bs your way through an essay in a history course, but i'm not sure if that's possible to do in a science. Wait until you get some results from the first round of assessments.
in science you need to hit the criteria and get it exactly right, or else no marks

with ancient it's heaps easier, it seems daunting that its essays but it's how much you mention (that ticks the crtieria) that gets you the marks. unless if your essay is completely wrong then they'll not award you stuff

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
If you don't enjoy something, you're going to find it more difficult to get the motivation to do work for it, and therefore harder to be successful in that subject.

HSC
I hated Ancient so very much, so I dropped it at the start of this term making 10 units. I love all my other subjects except boring English. My word of advice for your situation is, Yes Senior Science scales horribly but you enjoy it much more then ancient, keep it and drop the dreaded ancient! Also remember you get those free periods to do some study and you have less of a workload but now you'll have 10 units so you need to work harder since you don't have a backup subject if you burn out.

harrietty

HSC
I do both, and I'm aiming for 90 in senior science because it does supposedly scale extremely bad, unless you get like 90 or over, but don't even worry, the system will work itself out...
I think science requires you to know every exact point, it has a lot of content. Whereas Ancient has four focus areas, I think both are equally as hard as each other, depending on your effort.

In the end, stick with the one you do better in, because no matter how bad it supposedly scales, at least you would've got a slight amount of joy from it (well, as much joy as you can get in the HSC :L)

SunnyScience

HSC
If you don't have a passion for Ancient, drop it. Out of all my subjects, it by far too up the most amount of time to do the assessments and reading. You need to like it to do well.

(Also, Ancient is my best subject ;) ....three figure assesment mark average ftw...i'm allow to gloat sometimes....)

Catey_W

HSC
Ancient is rather content heavy and will take quite a bit of hard work. If you don't enjoy it, but have to take time away from your better subjects to do well then, I think, you should drop it. Don't do a course because it scales well, because if you don't enjoy it, you're wasting your time, IMO.
If you can afford the time to wait and see what happens, that could help you decide :)

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely pick Ancient, much easier marks. A subject where you can BS is a worthwhile subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)