• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big Day Out 2014 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
pearl jam * arcade fire * blur * snoop dogg aka snoop lion * major lazer * steve angello * flume * the lumineers * tame impala * dillon francis * mac miller * ghost * grouplove * flosstradamus * portugal. the man * toro y moi diiv * the naked and famous * big gigantic * pez * mudhoney * cosmic psychos * northlane * the 1975 * loon lake * kingswood * bo ningen * the algorithm * dz deathrays * peking duk * ben morris * rüfüs

Posted on ninemsn early

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

Not too bad. Starting to get into a really busy month so I'll prob start saying work sux fml by the middle of August.

If I'm not mistaken he is also coming to Stereo :). Might consider going to a side show (if he is having one) in the likely event that he clashes with someone else I wanna see.
He is.

BDO lineup just announced. Looks so shit compared to all the rumours I'd seen (Rolling Stones, Eminem etc.). Only people I'd consider seeing are Pearl Jam and Blur, everyone else is ehhhh.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

He is.

BDO lineup just announced. Looks so shit compared to all the rumours I'd seen (Rolling Stones, Eminem etc.). Only people I'd consider seeing are Pearl Jam and Blur, everyone else is ehhhh.
I remember reading about how they wanted to get Eminem when he visited here a few years ago. No way that was gonna happen lol.

Such a shame that BDO is sorta in decline. In its heyday around 10 years ago it was the pretty much the biggest music festival in Australia and their tix sold out like instantly. Nowadays it barely 'sells out' the day before the event.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I remember reading about how they wanted to get Eminem when he visited here a few years ago. No way that was gonna happen lol.

Such a shame that BDO is sorta in decline. In its heyday around 10 years ago it was the pretty much the biggest music festival in Australia and their tix sold out like instantly. Nowadays it barely 'sells out' the day before the event.
It's still essentially the biggest music festival in Australia though. There's just a lot more competition now; and people only have so much time and money.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

It's still essentially the biggest music festival in Australia though. There's just a lot more competition now; and people only have so much time and money.
Just blame the annoying 15 yr olds that now frequent BDO and have urls that are variants of sunsandandslutsteehee77 :p

But srs, I do think the quality of the BDO line up has declined with time.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

Just blame the annoying 15 yr olds that now frequent BDO and have urls that are variants of sunsandandslutsteehee77 :p

But srs, I do think the quality of the BDO line up has declined with time.
I read this as "I do think the quality of the BOD", referring to the biological oxygen demand in chemistry...

fuck you HSC

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

Stereosonic is actually larger these days.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

The problem with BDO is they try to have a diverse range of artists and genres, all of their upcoming competition target specific genres or niches and have great lineups for their respective target market.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

I looked over The Big Day Out's lineup, odd that they got Ghost(who came over this year with Soundwave) and they have Dethklok pretty much confirmed. They're not going to draw metal fans with a couple of bands, it's more just going to piss them off because they don't want to pay so much just to see two bands.

Also, LHS saw the picture you uploaded, was adorable.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I looked over The Big Day Out's lineup, odd that they got Ghost(who came over this year with Soundwave) and they have Dethklok pretty much confirmed. They're not going to draw metal fans with a couple of bands, it's more just going to piss them off because they don't want to pay so much just to see two bands.

Also, LHS saw the picture you uploaded, was adorable.
Neither Dethklok or Ghost would have been added as an attempt to draw in the metal fans. They were selected because of their broader appeal to non-metal fans, through their showmanship (the spectacle of Ghost and the comedy of Dethklok).

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

Neither Dethklok or Ghost would have been added as an attempt to draw in the metal fans. They were selected because of their broader appeal to non-metal fans, through their showmanship (the spectacle of Ghost and the comedy of Dethklok).
That's the thing, I don't think many people outside of metal circles would know who Ghost are(and their band profile on BDO's page would just further confuse them.) Dethklok may have a few added people because of Metalocalypse, but most of the people that enjoy that show are into metal anyway. But in reality I'm just bitching because I couldn't go to Soundwave this year so didn't get to see Ghost and Dethklok are someone I'd like to go and see and they're unlikely to do side shows in Sydney.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

That's the thing, I don't think many people outside of metal circles would know who Ghost are(and their band profile on BDO's page would just further confuse them.) Dethklok may have a few added people because of Metalocalypse, but most of the people that enjoy that show are into metal anyway. But in reality I'm just bitching because I couldn't go to Soundwave this year so didn't get to see Ghost and Dethklok are someone I'd like to go and see and they're unlikely to do side shows in Sydney.
Dethklok are pretty well known, at least by name and association, in our demographic. I can't say much for Ghost, because I haven't checked out their BDO page yet, but their wikipedia certainly makes them sound interesting, which is a good start.

You probably will be out of luck with the side shows, but, you never know. We've had a few surprises in the past.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

Dethklok are pretty well known, at least by name and association, in our demographic. I can't say much for Ghost, because I haven't checked out their BDO page yet, but their wikipedia certainly makes them sound interesting, which is a good start.

You probably will be out of luck with the side shows, but, you never know. We've had a few surprises in the past.
Ghost are good, this is their page on BDO http://www.bigdayout.com/2014-artist/ghost/
If people don't know the band they'll probably be confused, but I think they probably asked for something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)