bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
from bigdayout.com

Australia Press Releases
Another letter from Ken West 20/10/06

Friday October 20, 2006

IT WAS A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME

In an effort to calm the waters, we have felt it best to keep all the tickets in the Sydney ballot at $125+bf.

Regardless of what our logic was behind it, I appreciate that this increase basically put us in a similar position to the scalpers that we detest.

The issue of scalpers is a very emotional one for all responsible promoters. How can anyone really have fun at a show that they have paid 4 or 5 times more than the normal ticket? Scalpers don’t even pay GST or tax on their income let alone give you any guarantee that the ticket is real...... We do.

On a brighter note it appears almost 2,000 of the original 45,000 Sydney sales were rejected or were multiple transactions, which means the first 2,000 of the ballot will be at $115+bf.

This now means there are 12,000 tickets available

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Born Dancer said:
but only 5000 are being sold via ballot for the gold coast show?

THE FUCKING BALLOT FORM WONT WORK ON MY COMPUTER. FOR MOTHERFUCK'S SAKE I DID SELECT MY COUNTRY YOU CUNTSLUT

ahem
i mean
its not working :(
i select my country and every time i go to submit it resets and says that i didnt select it :/

ill do it on the uni computers this afternoon
Interestingly my friend said it wouldnt let her either despite trying over and over... so i put all her stuff in and it worked staight away on my comp. Her name is also Lauren. Youre not my friend are you =p (i cant imagine her swearing like that lol) Uni at Armidale?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hahahaha i never swear this much normally
and no im not your friend haha i go to uow and i put all my details in there. does your friend have a mac computer?

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
melimoo said:
i think Justice will be there. hotdamn i better get tix
justice?!
theyd better play some other shows if they come down

where did you hear bout this?

edit: just checked their myspace. where can you get tix? i checked that site they had linked, but nothin on there bout justice ???

Last edited:

pinoying

HSC
yeah by the looks of things from their myspace theres no sides as of yet...

From inthemix.com

Justice for the Big Day Out
The name behind one of the biggest electro crossover hits of the past year, the gargantuan ‘We Are Your Friends’, French duo Justice will be making their maiden voyage down under in January and February as part of the national Big Day Out tour.

With the next round of Big Day Out acts not expected until early November, this leak comes courtesy of dates posted on Justice’s official MySpace page. They join Peaches and Spank Rock on the lineup, with further announcements still to come.

So glad I got my ticket and my prayers for a decent dance act have been answered!

HSC
i wouldn't be surprised if the second announcement sucked serious balls, considering its either sold out/nearly sold out in most cities, so they probably don't really need any "whoa omg" acts for them to sell out anyway

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Born Dancer said:
hahahaha i never swear this much normally
and no im not your friend haha i go to uow and i put all my details in there. does your friend have a mac computer?
nah she doesnt. She is rather technologically illiterate though and might have missed something that she didnt think she missed :p

Hope it all sorted out for you anyhow =)

Gangels

HSC
Did anyone ever know you could buy tickets for the big day out on ticketek? I just checked it out and ticketmaster does it for sydney, melbourne and perth where as ticketek only does the goldcoast. Here i've been trying to get through the fuckin BDO website which is usually loaaded with traffic. Grrrrr!

yy

HSC
N/A
second announcement:
The Streets, Kasabian, Crystal Method DJs, Justice, Trivium, John Cooper Clarke, Afra & The Incredible Beatbox Band, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Diplo, John Butler Trio, Something for Kate, You Am I, Little Birdy, The Presets, Bob Evans, The Drone, The Butterfly Effect, love [tattoo] and Shapeshifter join Tool, Muse, Violent Femmes, The Killers, Peaches, My Chemical Romance, Spank Rock, Jet, Eskimo Joe, Scribe, Evermore, The Sleepy Jackson, The Herd and The Spazzys.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
screw trivium

LUPE AND DIPLO AND JUSTICE AND LILY FTMFW

oh wait
i dont have a ticket.

multiple account creating it is!
one for my sister, mum, dad, dog and cat.
WOOOOOH

ps
KICK PUSH BITCHES

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
2nd announcement kinda makes me glad I didn't buy a ticket

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Worst lineup ever. I thought there might be at least one band I wanted to see.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
are you serious?
if this lineup hadve been announced first i wouldve ensured myself a ticket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)