Big Day Out 2007! (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
Actually its more like girls parading their new doc martens, or new black dress (lol me) or new fishnets or new emo styled hair ^_^
I love festivals cause i'm a photographer for one up here in Newcastle and that live bands, especially the local ones are awesome!
but those girls are part of the regular bdo crowd. what i mean is that people who probably only know a couple of "hit songs" by a couple of the bands playing want to go just for the sake of it because it's seen as being the cool thing to do now. music festivals really have increased in popularity dramatically recently. in the uk this year they had truly frightening issues with tickets selling out at rapid rates.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I didn't get one either, I'm waiting for 2nd announcement before I do anything. They're holding back another 10000 in case it hasn't been said in this thread

nwatts

HSC
natstar said:
Yeah thats how I felt when i missed out on P!ATD's tickets. Ive liked the band for AGES..way before they got airplay and all the underage teeny boppers scabbed all the tickets
every single panic fan says the same thing

"i swear i was into them before they was famous!" sounds like a fkn mike skinner song

HSC
i actually feel quite sorry for people who were apparently into panic at the disco 'before everyone else was' .. your eardrums have had even more of a pounding with formulaic tryhard cabaret bullshit than the rest of us

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i actually feel quite sorry for people who were apparently into panic at the disco 'before everyone else was' .. your eardrums have had even more of a pounding with formulaic tryhard cabaret bullshit than the rest of us
ahahahahahahaha

nwatts said:
every single panic fan says the same thing

"i swear i was into them before they was famous!" sounds like a fkn mike skinner song
when youre a famous boy, it gets real easy to get girls
its all so easy you get a bit spoilt
but when you try to pull a girl who is also famous too
it FEELS JUST LIKE WHEN YOU WASN'T FAMOUS!

mmm, deep.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
haha i admit i used to like panic a good while ago... and yes i dont like them anymore but its not because of the popularity factor its more i just played all of their stuff to absolute death and im off it

Gangels

HSC
bazookajoe said:
True fans don't download music :bomb:
Yeh but alot of the time there's no other way to get the music. If he was downloading albums then thats different. But if it was unreleased than thats ok...

yy

HSC
N/A
wow, a new system of lottery for the sydney tix!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
chelsea girl said:
but those girls are part of the regular bdo crowd. what i mean is that people who probably only know a couple of "hit songs" by a couple of the bands playing want to go just for the sake of it because it's seen as being the cool thing to do now. music festivals really have increased in popularity dramatically recently. in the uk this year they had truly frightening issues with tickets selling out at rapid rates.
Well lucky for them, i'm sure they enjoy more than just the music, the vibe is fantastic so i've heard and seen photos of. Who cares what someone looks like when they to go these things... its about enjoying yourself, your mates and the awesome music, as well as the atmosphere... I really don't care anymore what anyone wears, they'll get over it sooner or later i'm sure.

I'm almost sure that's the way its always been though, it just gets highlighted more and more through technology and these sorts of forums and myspace (people realising how good these things are not previously having much of an idea... festivals will get increasingly popular each year too due to word of mouth about how awesome it was). In saying that, I can't fucking wait for BDO '07...cause a few weeks ago I was at a 13 hr music festival in Newcastle -- that was fucking amazing.

Oh and Panic! At the Disco is pretty okay for the style it's trying to create or fall into... quite good to dance to... and the piano's funky.

Goodluck to everyone who's trying to get one of the other 10,000 BDO tickets!! DOWN WITH SCALPERS!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
yy said:
wow, a new system of lottery for the sydney tix!
Final 10,000 Sydney Big Day Out ticket sales information.

With 45,000 tickets for the Sydney Big Day Out snapped up in a few hours we have held back the final 10,000 for sale over the next ten weeks in ballot form.

The first 5,000 will be sold at $125 + bf and the final 5,000 will be at $150 +bf.

Here’s how it will work.

Each week 1000 tickets for the 2007 Sydney BDO will be made available on our website via an online randomly drawn ballot.

The ballot will be drawn at 9pm EST Thursday each week, beginning Thursday 26th October and finishing Thursday 28th December.

The weekly ballot ticket limit is 2 tickets per person.

As the Big Day Out overall has a strict limit of 4 tickets per person, if you have previously bought Big Day Out tickets and if upon entering into the ballot you surpass the 4 ticket limit, no tickets will be allocated to you. This will be strictly adhered to.

Registering for the ballot

Registrations will open at 9am EST Friday 20th October.

You will need to complete and submit the ballot registration page on this website.

Your registration will only need to be completed once and will last for the duration of the balloting weeks.

If you are successful in the ballot

An email will be sent to you within 30 minutes of the ballot draw. This will provide details of how to complete the order, ie, pay for your tickets.

You will be given 5 days to pay for your ticket order (until 9pm EST Tuesday following the ballot). If in this time you have not paid for your order, these tickets will be forfeited and put back into the next week's ballot.

Tickets for other cities are still available so why not consider Auckland or Adelaide BDO instead of paying a scalper for their holiday.

Selling tickets for higher than the face value is a breach of the conditions of sale. Tickets sold on auction sites will be declared invalid and the ticket holder will be refused entry. You have been warned.
Good luck.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
natstar said:
Which I why I own the album now.
But its a bit hard to buy a cd before its released here..dont you think?
nah i had it like 6 months before it was released here. ever heard of imports? :)

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinicholas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)