Best ways to get questionnaire distributed? (1 Viewer)

speedofsound

HSC
I was thinking of using that Survey Monkey site if anyone's heard of it, although I'm having trouble convincing my mother of it's legitimacy...

sj1990

HSC
There is a free version a lot of the kids in my class used. It's also on survey monkey, I think you may need to get an account but you don't need to pay as its not a "premium survey". I think you can get up to 10 questions, both quantitative and qualitative.

If you can, I'd recommend using this. I distributed 200 questionnaires by hand and it was a bitch chasing them up again/calculating the results (though if you have a willing parent it makes the process all the more easier!) Facebook is a good way of distributing online surveys - just make a group and beg. Usually you'll get around equal gender participation, however, a skew of results is expected if you have primarily female friends etc. The only issue I have with online surveys is gaining enough participants across the age spectrum. Unless your topic is specific to Youth, or the Aged etc, don't worry too much, BUT you cannot gain a decent set of results if your primary source of information is only from one age demographic. Also, I think these online surveys are best if your cross cultural component is gender, or time. Unless you have a bi-cultural background with a large amount of online contacts from your secondary culture of comparison, I don't believe it works. Though, this may just be cause I'm of the opinion that you don't do a comparison of your pip topic with another culture unless you have spent a considerable amount of time immersed in said culture.

I hope I didn't get too off topic, and that helps to an extent...

speedofsound

HSC
thank you so much! yeah i realllllly wanna use the survey monkey site but i have more than 10 questions so i need to use a paid account

HSC
There are other sites you can use if that's the issue. Like Tigersurvey.com I think which has unlimited questions for free- it can be a real pain to organise questions on it compared to surveymonkey but it gets the job done:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)