best uni to do engineering??? (1 Viewer)

viraj30

HSC
i am passionate about engineering and might do either electrical engineering or mechanical engineering.. Which other engineering fields are better paying??? and which is the best university to do this course?? like resources, teaching methods, jobs....etc

Thanks in advance!

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Every Uni is as overrated/underrated/good/not good by each other.

The older the uni the better the name.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that its not that good
UNSW engineering is the best from what I've heard. That being said, Electrical and Mechanic both have very good reputation at UNSW.

Resource wise, UNSW is very abundant from what I've heard around the students. Teaching methods are good too but are very rigorous, engineering students at UNSW have a lot of hours although, you should check out some of the timetables for first year students :)

Jobs is really dependent on how much effort you put in and what you make out of the degree. I heard Mining or Petroleum is quite good bucks :)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
people here have no clue what they are talking about. the best uni for engineering is MIT

D94

HSC
N/A
i heard that its not that good
Before asserting another's claim, check your source. Is it someone who didn't get into UNSW engineering? Or is it someone who does engineering at UNSW and failed 5 courses?

But anyway, in Sydney, it's arguably UNSW, for at the very least, facilities-wise. Teaching methods is a rather ambiguous region - you'd need to attend every uni in order to determine which is the best, hence why you should attend open days etc.

Also, you should probably have a decent understanding of what each steam does.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
people here have no clue what they are talking about. the best uni for engineering is MIT
Lol stop talking about an American University. We are only referring to Australia. Go to UNSW, so we can be friends :punch:

T0m0h4wk

HSC
imo either UTS or Wollongong uni, UNSW has a very good reputation but i think its overrated, i know a few people who went there and then transferred to another uni because they thought it wasn't that great, none of them were doing engineering though.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
imo either UTS or Wollongong uni, UNSW has a very good reputation but i think its overrated, i know a few people who went there and then transferred to another uni because they thought it wasn't that great, none of them were doing engineering though.
then why even mention it?

Anyways, OP, it depends on the type of engg. Then just check their programme and shiz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)