Best time of job opportunities? (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
I recently went looking for avaliable retail positions as a last chance before Uni starts. It seems they have all hired people for the next 3 or 4 months. Do you know the best usual time (as in what month) where retailers need new people?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't know but I saw an advert (which closed on friday) for a job on UNSW campus... maybe there are other jobs like that around? I'd imagine with ppl getting their timetables nowadays and realising they aren't able to commit to certain times/days anymore for work; there should be openings?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Someone told me it is good to try before Easter, so in the next month?

Skeeta

HSC
the absolute best time is september-ish.. thats when most companies do hiring overload for chrissie casuals..

i suppose it'd be the same with easter coming up, but to a lesser extent

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Just before christmas is the best time. At the moment people are recovering from xmas spending and so aren't shopping as much. Retailers aren't making a lot of money and therefore need to cutback their spending on staff. Its the same every year.

sarevok

HSC
3-4 months before christmas is the absolute best time

things are a bit slow in retail at the mo but it should be picking up soon

Zozo6969

HSC
Around September/October before Christmas when sales go up. But, sometimes you are only a christmas casual, therefore only getting a short term (3-4 month or whatever) contract. They sometimes rehire the christmas casuals, but most do get terminated. Best other time is around April, dunno why, just is.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
In the bigger retail chains its getting worse every year. They manage to slice of just a little bit more each and every year.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
MiuMiu said:
Just before christmas is the best time. At the moment people are recovering from xmas spending and so aren't shopping as much. Retailers aren't making a lot of money and therefore need to cutback their spending on staff. Its the same every year.
Tell me about it, I only have 14 goddamn hours this week :mad:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
it really just depends though, you never know when someone is going to leave or a new store will open so keep getting your resumes out there.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
The best best best time is around September, where most retail/hospitality and other related jobs look toward Christmas and stock up on employees.

Although you never know. i was offered a temporary role for HMV the head office. part of the bonus were two aria tickets.

That was offered in December RIGHT before christmas. You never know when someone takes maternity leave or a long holiday or just gets over it.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
If you'd like to get a job easy, the best time to do it is when all the shops are hiring Christmas Casuals, that's when all the opportunities kick in. they usually do it around September, october, good luck!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
April and September seem good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)