Best Eateries In Newey (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
and I forgot to mention Silo lounge bar, best cocktails in Newey hands down, a bit pricey for them but worth it :) dunno about the food though, except the pizzas are good

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I've eaten there before a while ago. I think it was nice, though my Dad paid haha.

ZaraKu

HSC
yeah it is kinda around the mid to high-range mark in terms of restaurant pricing, but I guess for me having my boyfriend work there helps :) he's a second year apprentice chef there

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Is this thread a motivation for Emily to organise a food-centric meat these holidays? This reporter thinks so.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
jumb said:
Is this thread a motivation for Emily to organise a food-centric meat these holidays? This reporter thinks so.
Plus one to that, chief!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If we had a decent crew, I'd suggest tepanyaki but people (like me) might be a bit flaky and it can be expensive.

Let's do a pub or something, preferably one I haven't done before.

blue_chameleon

HSC
jumb said:
If we had a decent crew, I'd suggest tepanyaki but people (like me) might be a bit flaky and it can be expensive.

Let's do a pub or something, preferably one I haven't done before.
Kent it?

Somewhere with a chilled, mellow atmosphere.

That, or we could head to the Red Heifer. Cook your own meat, i'm missing it. But the girls (Sandie/Ellen etc) prob wouldn't eat steak. :/

Kent for the best mellow/do what you want atmosphere.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I went to a chinese place on king street a few days ago it was pretty good

chinnwais or something

ZaraKu

HSC
Hey dumbass question... But can you eat and drink in your lectures/tutes? yes/no or depends on who your lecturer is? Cause pretty sure I'd die without eating for like 3 hrs straight..

blue_chameleon

HSC
Hey dumbass question... But can you eat and drink in your lectures/tutes? yes/no or depends on who your lecturer is? Cause pretty sure I'd die without eating for like 3 hrs straight..
Not really hey.

Some actually get pretty pissed about you bringing in a hotdog and munching on it through the lecture, cos apparently the 'smell can distract other students'.

You can have a drink no problems in tutes and lectures, but i'd suggest you probably keep the roast dinner at home.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I wouldn't suggest eating in tutes because in tutes they expect you to be involved.

Lectures when you're just taking notes and listening, go nuts. But yeah, make sure you sit up the back and be discrete about scrunching empty packets and chewing loudly all you'll give others the shits.

ZaraKu

HSC
I don't like hot dogs lol. I just mean like a little packet of chips or a choc bar

blue_chameleon

HSC
I don't like hot dogs lol. I just mean like a little packet of chips or a choc bar
Well, yeah, I have eaten chips and choc bars in lectures many a time. Should be fine, just don't open the packet when the lecture theatre is in silence.

Also, I think my advice deserves rep! :D

...and I have had lots of help from ewe guys too, so rep will be returned.

K go.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I've eaten sandwiches and chips and drank whole bottles of water in lectures. Noone really cares what you do as long as you don't disturb anyone else. Same goes with talking and walking in/out of lectures. Just think of the other people.

Also, I think my advice deserves rep! :D

...and I have had lots of help from ewe guys too, so rep will be returned.

K go.
Psh, one of my reps would give you a second box, probably not worth it though.

ZaraKu

HSC
Cool thank you for your help everyone, I probably looked really silly asking that but it's good to know rather than find out the hard way

blue_chameleon

HSC
Psh, one of my reps would give you a second box, probably not worth it though.
You see, that's the thing.

I've been here since 2003, but have contributed <2000 posts over that five and a half year period. I'm pretty sure I went awol throughout the rep days of BOS. Heck, I don't even get the amount of reps needed to add more boxes??

So, in closing, you should rep me so that I can greater understand the workings of the rep system.

God damn it, 2003/4/5 seems so freaking long ago. Some memorable bosers though.

Haha Pookie.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I repped blue chameleon, cause he's a pretty cool guy, posts in NCAP, not a brainless ideologue for any particular view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)