benefit for exchange (1 Viewer)

lou071

HSC
N/A
what is the benefit of exchange, like student from a uni go to another uni in another country for 6 months or 1 year?
why are many students desire for the exchange program?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
It's a good way to travel and live in another country for minimal cost. Unis generally give out scholarships and the government also give out a $5000 loan that just gets added to your HECS debt.

lou071

HSC
N/A
the credit point that you get during the exchange program, isn't it
different? so don't you have to do another semester or 1 year
if you went to the exchange program?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh, you choose subjects that your uni will accept and you'll get credits for them (but you really need to talk to your uni about that).

lou071

HSC
N/A
can you post unis which USYD has exchange program with in Japan, Engliand and America?

or post where i can access the information

lou071

HSC
N/A
if you went to another country and studies through exchange program,
post what benefits you got from it!

spence

HSC
You get to go to another country and live there for a semester or year. Do you seriously not see why people would want to do it?

lou071

HSC
N/A
do the employers look for experience like participating in exchange program?

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I don't see why it can't be put in your resume. Different employers look for different things, but have gone on exchange would mean you are independant and mature because you had to live on your own in a different country... It can't be bad, right?

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
- You experience a new life. Other part of the world is a whole lot different to you think.
- You get to escape see new people, building, cars, the simpson bus, lakes, camp, trees which is different to where you are living.
- You learn about living independently, leadership, culture shock, home sick etc.
- The exchange program is really jam pack with a lot of activities, trips and things to do. Its a program that is organised by the exchange office to keep you busy and active during the time. It depends on the University you go...but yeah, should find a University with am excellent exchange program. Something like a special international dorm, there are many internationals there, there are local staff and stuff that helps you.

- You get to meet real people from other side of the world. You learn about there culture and life etc. You can visit them later on after the program. When you have an internation friend, someone who you can meet up again later on, they can show you around their country. You can hitch a couch when you visit them and avoid accomodation cost. =]

- Hmm whatelse, it looks good on your resume...you have a better experience and understand outside Australia...

All I can say is...just do it, don't think about it.
It is satisfying that you did something challenging and out of this world.
Just do it! Don't think about it! Make it happen! Do it tomorrow. Go go go!

piitb

HSC
end of day, its just a bludge, but u can say you are studying

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
to the OP.... people always tell me there is no such thing as a bad question, in future i will show them this post.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
At UWS, you just need to apply 2-3 months early. The paper work and agreetment needs to be done between units. It takes sometime.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
to the OP.... people always tell me there is no such thing as a bad question, in future i will show them this post.
seriously, look at his/her recent posts.

fuckin dumbshit questoins all round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)