Below cutoff for law but with eas (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
I really wannA do combined law at unsw or usyd but my ATAR is just 97.9
I applied for EAS tho (for English thing and personal illness - may not get that English thing cuz I state ranked but defs getting the illness one)
I know the cutoff for usyd law is 98.25 last yr under Broadway scheme - shd I try?
And for unsw they refused to tell me the cutoff last yr under access scheme so I wonder if anyone here could give me some advice
Thanks so much I'm really frustrated and need advices from u guys xx

D94

HSC
N/A
You should still put them in the order of which you want to do, even if you are not successful. You have 9 preferences, so at least add another program which you will most likely be successful in (and of course, one that you are interested in).

We cannot say with absolute certainty that you will get into either, so make sure you have a back up.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you prefer USYD law over UNSW law then put USYD as first preference. If it's the other way round put UNSW first.

Like D94 said, put something else as back up. There is no guarantee that you will get in with EAS. It all depends on supply/demand

HSC
N/A
The cut off for usyd law is usually higher than unsw (altho just by 0.05 last yr) so shd I put usyd first to play safe?

D94

HSC
N/A
The point of preferences is so you get a choice as to which program you want to do and at the university of your choice. As Trans4M said, if you want to go to UNSW, then put UNSW first or if you want to go to USYD, then put USYD first. Whichever has a higher cut-off shouldn't be a factor if you want to go to a certain university. If you haven't decided, then you should be doing more research into which uni/program is better suited to you. This is a good test of your research skills, for which I'm sure is required in law. ;)

HSC
My friend (2012 grad) applied for EAS (brain operation during HSC) and got 98+ ATAR and got into USYD Law. Its possible but obviously depends on individual circumstance.

HSC
It could possibly work with EAS, just put what you want the most first regardless of the ATAR and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)