Being forced to repeat or do pathways for HSC, NEED URGENT HELP! (1 Viewer)

intheshits

HSC
So there is absolutely no way to get the school to let me continue? During the interview my parents? Would they listen to me at all if they were trying to find my best interest?

Like someone said earlier on page 1, if we were to talk to department would they help?

If I was to attend the remaining year, I would reach 83%ish attendance.

intheshits

HSC
So there is absolutely no way to get the school to let me continue? During the interview my parents? Would they listen to me at all if they were trying to find my best interest?

Like someone said earlier on page 1, if we were to talk to department would they help?

If I was to attend the remaining year, I would reach 83%ish attendance.
^

intheshits

HSC
Can't even put my mind to do any work at the moment with this issue constantly popping up.

Actually going to commit suicide.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Would they listen?
You have to think of a way to persuade them. They obviously are serious about taking action against you. Otherwise they won't be lining up the big guns. If you can find an acceptable reason for your attendance record. Maybe you were too naive of the need to keep them informed of your situation way back - something you obviously did not do and which you did not take seriously enough. You apologise for your unintended conduct. Ask to be given a last chance. Assure them of target goals you pledge to adhere to.

That's better than being asked to do what I suspect they plan to do. Good luck.

loaves

HSC
Okay. In your next meeting I would (very, very respectfully) ask your principal for another chance. Stop with the self-pitying attitude because you have obviously brought this on yourself. But I would hope that your school would give you the chance to do your next assessments and prove that you're capable and are taking your work seriously.

intheshits

HSC
Alright. Thanks a lot to all of you people, especially the last two comments, I've just momentarily put my mind to ease with what you two have said, thank you. I'll talk to my school tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Alright. Thanks a lot to all of you people, especially the last two comments, I've just momentarily put my mind to ease with what you two have said, thank you. I'll talk to my school tomorrow and keep you guys updated.
Good Luck! I am sure that all of us on BOS are hoping for the best!

Magical Kebab

HSC
Good luck, stay positive and only do what is best. You can't change the past, but u can change the future.

kate777

HSC
I have suffered with many health issues every sicne I was a child, in and out of hospital, always at the doctors, there has always been something wrong. Ihave always loved and done extremely well at school but my attendance was always shocking. Due to the fact I had medical certificates, prrof of all my hospital stays and my parents always kept the school up to date on everything, I still passed every year even with my shocking attendance. In year 11 I had over 80 days off so a few weeks into year 12 I realised there was no way I would be able to keep up and recieve the high ATAR i was wanting and new I was capable of, so I took the year off. I had to have operations and did everything I could to get healthy and have returned to school to ocmplete my HSC with the year of 2012 even though they are the year below me. Although some of my health issues were fixed, many were not, so here I am yet again struggling and having shocking attending. I have accepted I wont recieve the ATAR I need.
I'm sorry, I sympathise with you but honestly your condition does not sound severe and you havnt gone about it the right way with getting certificates and always keeping the shcool updated, you have brought this on yourself, maybe you should have taken your schooling more serious. I do hope it works out best for you but my advice is take what option you can which suits you best. If you have to repeat, do pathways or go to a different school, just do it. One extra year wont hurt you. Unfortunately for me I dont have the oppurtunity to do well, I did the right thing, I sacrificed finishing school with my friends and am now finishing shcool later than expected but yet my health just wont let me have it. So dont do the self pity thing with all this suicide bullshit. You had the chance you screwed it up unlike me who did everything the right away and am still suffering.

You must learn to live with whatever cards life decides to deal you, unfortunately for me I have been dealt a nice big pile of shit cards.

intheshits

HSC
I have suffered with many health issues every sicne I was a child, in and out of hospital, always at the doctors, there has always been something wrong. Ihave always loved and done extremely well at school but my attendance was always shocking. Due to the fact I had medical certificates, prrof of all my hospital stays and my parents always kept the school up to date on everything, I still passed every year even with my shocking attendance. In year 11 I had over 80 days off so a few weeks into year 12 I realised there was no way I would be able to keep up and recieve the high ATAR i was wanting and new I was capable of, so I took the year off. I had to have operations and did everything I could to get healthy and have returned to school to ocmplete my HSC with the year of 2012 even though they are the year below me. Although some of my health issues were fixed, many were not, so here I am yet again struggling and having shocking attending. I have accepted I wont recieve the ATAR I need.
I'm sorry, I sympathise with you but honestly your condition does not sound severe and you havnt gone about it the right way with getting certificates and always keeping the shcool updated, you have brought this on yourself, maybe you should have taken your schooling more serious. I do hope it works out best for you but my advice is take what option you can which suits you best. If you have to repeat, do pathways or go to a different school, just do it. One extra year wont hurt you. Unfortunately for me I dont have the oppurtunity to do well, I did the right thing, I sacrificed finishing school with my friends and am now finishing shcool later than expected but yet my health just wont let me have it. So dont do the self pity thing with all this suicide bullshit. You had the chance you screwed it up unlike me who did everything the right away and am still suffering.

You must learn to live with whatever cards life decides to deal you, unfortunately for me I have been dealt a nice big pile of shit cards.
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through, I know I haven't done the best I could but I'm motivated now, if given the chance to stay.

jason2kool

HSC
I've missed out on like 8/9 weeks of year 12 due to the fact i had back surgery.. school was heaps cool with it and all i do is fill in these forms and shit.
said nothing about repeating or pathways. for a couple of subjects since i missed the first assessment they calculate all my averages for the rest of the year then estimate what i would've gotten for it. And i know my hsc and final atar score is going to get affected but get over it, its only the hsc... and you go to a school in the top 10 so you would probably end up with 95+ so stop being all "I'm going to commit suicide"
:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)