BBC Students who have failed Basic Maths Skills Test "Advice" (1 Viewer)

Sam990

HSC
Hey BOS forumers,

im seeking advice for students who have failed the basic maths test to enroll Business Stats Or Economic Methods.

i would like to know:
1. what is the next step i should do without doing the "maths tool program"?
2. if theres a way of repeating the test next semester?
3. If no, how would i be able to skip the maths tool program and just do 200052 or 200032?

i did the rule waiver to be enrolled into eco methods, but im not sure it would work.
Guys im seeking advice please help in desperate need

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Have you tried enrolling in the Unistep statistics and algebra program? You should of done that and do the test after wards.

FiFa MVP

HSC
To the poster above, do you recommend me doing Statistics and Algebra for my bridging courses as I'm doing the business and commerce course and need to pass this maths test online and only did general maths and it says assumed knowledge is HSC Mathematics.

Last edited:

Sam990

HSC
Have you tried enrolling in the Unistep statistics and algebra program? You should of done that and do the test after wards.
naw i never heard of it until now, i regret that i rushed my enrollment and just did the test.

please any other advice is there from other students who have failed the test?
i would like to know:
3. If no, how would i be able to skip the maths tool program and just do 200052 or 200032?

BTW FIFAMVP: please dont hijack my thread and make your "own"!!!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Can't you just enrol in other core subjects this semester and do Business Stats Or Economic Methods in Spring semester after you reattempt the maths test? I remember someone else posting that response to you before...

Sam990

HSC
Can't you just enrol in other core subjects this semester and do Business Stats Or Economic Methods in Spring semester after you reattempt the maths test? I remember someone else posting that response to you before...
hi amber yes it would be great if i could do that, though im not 100% sure you can do that though, im going to ring on monday, so im just seeking other advice pathways around this if i cant reattempt the test next semester

kagura

HSC
1. If it's possible to repeat the test, then by all means do so next semester.
2. See above.
3. You can't enroll into stats or intro to econ methods without passing the general test or maths toolbox unit.

Quite frankly, those are your only options for now, unless you can somehow persuade the unit coordinator... ;)

Good luck though!

FiFa MVP

HSC
Are you doing these bridging programs first then attempting the maths test online?

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Yeah, I'm not doing those two units until my second year though.

FiFa MVP

HSC
The Statistics for Business and Introduction to Economic Methods?

Since I'm going to be doing one of those in the spring, I don't need to take the math test until then or do i still need to do it now so I can enrol in it.

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC
Yeah I don't think you have to enrol that unit now, so you can wait after Autumn I think.

FiFa MVP

HSC
Wait, when we pick our unit selection in the enrolment don't we have to enrol in 4 units for Autumn and 4 for Spring or just 4 units for Autumn?

Foodie

HSC
N/A
Wait, when we pick our unit selection in the enrolment don't we have to enrol in 4 units for Autumn and 4 for Spring or just 4 units for Autumn?
They encourage you to enrol in all planned units for the entire year primarily for planning purposes, but you can enrol into a unit up until the 2 week of the semester, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)