BAULKO/JRAHS ENG 2/3/4u and Modern History/Extension TUTOR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
muahaha a free bump =)

aw i wanna a job at tuition colleges.. =( gimme

shadylaine

HSC
hey bob
hope u recieved my email =]
i added my mobile if u ever need to msg or call me regarding it
thanks again!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
After speaking to a head marker for hsc english, i can now reveal that 2007 will be the last year in the hsc that the aos will be 'journeys'.

Therefore 07ers, they are expecting something brilliant from you guys. Since 3 years have already preceded before you the generic theses 'the experience of physical journeys allow travellers to extend themselves intellectually and emotionally' and 'imaginative journeys allow one to enter a fantasy realm where inner growth can occur' and 'inner journeys provide a metaphysical path to the higher destination of understanding' will have to be cut and/or modified.

I offer you alternatives :)

Btw 08ers - the new aos will be happiness, write that in your books.

edit: Well anyway this has been proven wrong, as the new AOS for 2009-2012 is actually BELONGING which can be verified here http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/english/prescriptions-support-materials.php.

The teacher in question however is still a head hsc marker at Ruse (and nonetheless, a brilliant one at that :D).

Last edited:

tigerian

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
After speaking to a head marker for hsc english, i can now reveal that 2007 will be the last year in the hsc that the aos will be 'journeys'.

Therefore 07ers, they are expecting something brilliant from you guys. Since 3 years have already preceded before you the generic theses 'the experience of physical journeys allow travellers to extend themselves intellectually and emotionally' and 'imaginative journeys allow one to enter a fantasy realm where inner growth can occur' and 'inner journeys provide a metaphysical path to the higher destination of understanding' will have to be cut.

I offer you alternatives :)

Btw 08ers - the new aos will be happiness, write that in your books.

Interesting how does he explain this list which lists HSC texts on the board of Studies site? It lists the texts required for the HSC 2006-2008 with journeys as the area of study. If that change in AOS is true the decision was made in the last 48 hours because as at last Wednesday journeys had been extended one more year to 2008. Interesting choice of AOS - it should be a good topic area.

Check this out.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc_english_poster_A4_0608.pdf

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I thought you retired? Although in reality you are probably a very competent teacher, even you should know that the boardofstudies website is not maintained regularly. Also where did you hear that the AOS has been extended to 2008 since last Wednesday? If that is the case, then you're probably right, but just wondering which source you heard it from :)

I had spoken to a very respected teacher in HSC English and maintain that her words should be correct. However in the event that it isn't .. i'll allow you good reader to insert your self-reflexive epiphany :eek:

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
hi jing :wave:

i didn't top the state *cuts*

how about you? :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
oh emm gee i scored 93 for hsc geography!

i might start offering tuition for this now, in light of this :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

u must have got fab marks. congraas!

mine is pretty ok, slighly disappointed but oh well! =P

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Oh hai baulko friend, what brings you to these places?

Ahem will be updating thread soon to cater to my supposed strengths (according to hsc marks)

Note uasigh was lower than predicted :( But i'm still happy :)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
aw, mine was higher, but not enough for com/law unsw,
goodluck and a free bump. LOL

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Wait a sec how did you know my uai before i posted it up :confused:

Note to the understanding people reading this, scaling worked unfavourably against me however it's enough for what i want to do at uni. So if you also do geography or modern history or the like don't despair! We can share ice cream and chocolate biscuits and whine about the emo nature of this world in our lessons :)

And you don't always have to say free bump i shall still pay you <3 Cheque's in the mail, buy yourself something nice for xmas. I suggest an alba poster.

I'll er borrow it if you don't want it though :uhhuh:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

i meant i got a higher uai than i thot i would
but it still aint enough for my course

best of lucks for u thou =PP

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
MUHAHAHA
being a non-typical asian is the coolest thing bobness

well, it's UTS for me. =P
I shall walk over from the sunshine and grassy areas of pristine usyd grounds to say hi to you at your dreary uts surroundings next year then :p

Also true story i actually went for the uts accounting coop because for some bizarre reason they invited me to an interview. I kind of killed it though when i walked in and told them that i love english and would love to do a PhD on something similar to my english extension two major work .. and later adding accounting seems ok as i can keep my options open :confused:

Suffice to say, they didn't love me for who i was :( Bloody capitalists.

Hai jing and mozza :wave:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
=(

aw. i dont like uts..i still dono where they play soccer on. =@

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Ok potential students you shall probably see my new thread soon with updated info sometime soon.

This one's too full of spam now anyway :eek:

P.S. I scored 96 for english advanced externals. That's after changing two of my prescribed texts so i'm pretty awesome. Quite indulgent, i'm inclined to agree but all my english students have given me positive feedback thus far. They don't come here to post anymore so i guess you'll just have to take my word :( And mitsui's and sladehk and llama and pLuvia and nodice and others :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)