banks (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
waterfowl said:
Finally an ING managed fund. At first I was very happy with this fund - I made about $13 in two months, but now I have about -$5 :(
what is that and how did you lose money?

waterfowl

HSC
iambored said:
what is that and how did you lose money?
It is a managed fund (an investment fund managed for a number of clients by a company, often involving a combination of fixed-interest and property investments at the discretion of the fund managers).

Therefore I lost money because the investments went down in value.
However it is a long term investment, so hopefully in a couple of years it will have appreciated a lot...maybe :p

Zylix said:
Commonwealth Bank is going to introduce new NetBank fees
Oh crap that sucks! Especially the $0.50 fee for third party transfers.
And $22 for international transactions!!

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
Commonwealth streamline account. I have no major issues with it, fees only about $5 a month which I find pretty decent. Lately I have been getting about $0.01 interest per month - I find this hilarious - but it's better than no interest :p
I had one of these starting out as a Dollarmite account way back in primary School. You know after over a decade of being a loyal customer it dawned on me that paying $5 a month for the privilige was just silly especially when they weren't giving me much back.

waterfowl said:
Looking into opening a stock brokering account with either Commonwealth or HSBC, will most likely go for HSBC (much cheaper I think) and will therefore open a transaction account too; giving me a grand total of six accounts :)
You should drop some, especially the Commonwealth one, there are services out there that just aren't worth paying the privilige of being a customer for. The bank already makes a bunch on your deposited money so I always see it as unreasonable when they ask for fees without giving me goodies :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
im with st george and the commonwealth.
ive been with stgeorge for about 5 yrs and commonwealth for almost 15 years.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Zylix said:
Commonwealth Bank is going to introduce new NetBank fees :vcross:
http://www.commbank.com.au/netbank/feesinformation.asp

I'm going to have to look for a new bank.
damn

what does it mean 'unlimited transfers to accounts linked' - by linked can it be any outside account that you have set up to just appear automatically to trasnfer to. didn't they used to charge for these trasnfers before?

i assume students still get all of this for free.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i got a CBA account for over 15 years, yes a 6-digit account number...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Murf said:
means that the accounts are in your name, under your membership but not in other banks, so like multi accounts u have with the same bank, basically internal transfers.

im pretty sure / i think

murf
Internal bank account transfers are basically transfered on the same day.

Nicolas

HSC
llamalope said:
i think i speak for everyone when i say.... who???????
Llyod Banks, its like the Commonwealth Bank but the interest rates r alot higher, plus joining fee is only 50 cent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)