Band 6? (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Mid 90's/120 (Last year it was 94/120). You should note that aligning standards can vary from year to year.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
the competitiveness of the whole hsc cohort as well as the difficulty of exam

taeyang

HSC
Fuarrrk I get 5 points off if I get b6 in both maths and physics :D! is there anyway to get more bonus points (sorry if I'm going off on a tangent) ^.^

mike12345678

HSC
r u guys sure that this is true??

today i asked my maths teacher and she told me you have to get 90% ie 108/120 for mathematics to recieve a band 6

i didnt like that news... is there any proof off the bored of studies for the alligning?

enoilgam

HSC
r u guys sure that this is true??

today i asked my maths teacher and she told me you have to get 90% ie 108/120 for mathematics to recieve a band 6

i didnt like that news... is there any proof off the bored of studies for the alligning?
Your teacher is incorrect (many teachers know little about the HSC). Here is the official Board of Studies explanation "Given that student achievement is reported in terms of performance standards, one further adjustment to the total raw marks is made. This adjustment aligns the raw total marks to performance band descriptions. To achieve this alignment, a group of highly experienced markers, known as judges, decides how a student at the lower borderline of each performance band would respond to each examination item and then determines what raw marks such responses would achieve. These raw marks are then added together for each borderline, producing a recommended set of total cut-off marks. This process of alignment is multi-staged, involving the review of a collection of materials: performance band descriptions, responses in the Standards Package, statistical feedback, and responses of current-year students consistent with the cut-off marks. Once this process is complete the judges will have determined which total raw marks correspond to the borderlines between each of the performance bands. For example, it may be recommended that a mark of, say, 82 is the minimum required for Band 6, 74 for Band 5, and so on. Finally, for each band the total raw cut-off mark is mapped to the reported cut-off mark"

HSC
Your teacher is incorrect (many teachers know little about the HSC). Here is the official Board of Studies explanation "Given that student achievement is reported in terms of performance standards, one further adjustment to the total raw marks is made. This adjustment aligns the raw total marks to performance band descriptions. To achieve this alignment, a group of highly experienced markers, known as judges, decides how a student at the lower borderline of each performance band would respond to each examination item and then determines what raw marks such responses would achieve. These raw marks are then added together for each borderline, producing a recommended set of total cut-off marks. This process of alignment is multi-staged, involving the review of a collection of materials: performance band descriptions, responses in the Standards Package, statistical feedback, and responses of current-year students consistent with the cut-off marks. Once this process is complete the judges will have determined which total raw marks correspond to the borderlines between each of the performance bands. For example, it may be recommended that a mark of, say, 82 is the minimum required for Band 6, 74 for Band 5, and so on. Finally, for each band the total raw cut-off mark is mapped to the reported cut-off mark"
The only thing worse than a student with no idea about scaling, moderation and aligning is a teacher with no idea about scaling, moderation and aligning! haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)