Band 6 Prediction (1 Viewer)

awbeyona

HSC
As I said before, I have this results table. School gets our mark in early-december??? wtf?

enoilgam

HSC
Yeeeeaaaaappp!

Can you explain this to me? How did I get it even though I was failing at school?
One word - Moderation. But at the end of the day I am no expert, I dont work for the BOS or DET. So I'll refer you to the BOS website which explains the process http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html. It clearly indicates the importance of internal rankings. If you have any other questions refer to it because I cant offer an expert opinion.

awbeyona

HSC
One word - Moderation. But at the end of the day I am no expert, I dont work for the BOS or DET. So I'll refer you to the BOS website which explains the process http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html. It clearly indicates the importance of internal rankings. If you have any other questions refer to it because I cant offer an expert opinion.
Understand. Was ur previous high school like top 150 or something? U never talk about ur high school rank???

themanman

HSC
N/A
Approximately the top 27% of students in a subject get a band 6 at a school ranked around 40. OP isnt even top 50%.

Also, internal marks will drag him down - if he gets an internal less then 80 in a either, then it wont matter if his external is 100 as it wont be enough to bring him into a band 6. I think atm he will probably get an internal of low 80's in each which will mean that he will need high 90's (near state ranking level) in the externals to get a band 6. If his internal performance is anything to go off, its extremely unlikely that this will occur.

However, like I said, hopefully I can be proven wrong but I think its highly unlikely.
sorry mag,

for the first time I gotta agree that you are a little wrong

at our school.. ranked 200
we get about 20% band 6s

awbeyona

HSC
So our decision:

Soz OP.

OP can / cannot get BAND SIX?

I think, ATM Hard but try hard POSSIBLE.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Okay, it is pretty clear but coming 150/170s or whatever in the top 40 better than coming 1/10s in the top 250???
Not true. I know many people ranked first in schools 300+ whom are much smarter than people in top ranked schools

enoilgam

HSC
sorry mag,

for the first time I gotta agree that you are a little wrong

at our school.. ranked 200
we get about 20% band 6s
Nope I was right - SMH and Better education both state 27% band 6's for a 40 ranked school. For a 200 school they state 9%.

TorMental

HSC
Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Keep working hard, in the end of the day, thats all you should be worried about.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
But I am saying coming 150/170s or whatever in the top 40 better than coming 1/10s in the top 250??? Is it or is it not? I am not sure.
Definately not. 1st at a school ranked 250 is much better than 150 at rank 40 school.

awbeyona

HSC
Just do well in your external HSC. That is all am saying.

jessicagee

HSC
Do you think I can get Band 6 if I try hard for my upcoming HSC?
It is possible to get a band 6 - as long as you get an external HSC mark of somewhere above 93. If your internal mark is low but your external mark is high, your internal mark is scaled up. Also, if the people around you go well in the HSC, your internal mark will further scale up. The HSC scaling scheme is fair and it won't let you move down too much so basically, you get the mark that you deserve :)

My ranks for my science and maths subjects are from 1-4th, however, for english im 20/28 simply because I hardly put any effort in. But I'm trying my best to get a band 6 in the english HSC so my overall is maybe somewhere in the high 80s or low 90s.

Fingers crossed !

awbeyona

HSC
It is possible to get a band 6 - as long as you get an external HSC mark of somewhere above 93. If your internal mark is low but your external mark is high, your internal mark is scaled up. Also, if the people around you go well in the HSC, your internal mark will further scale up. The HSC scaling scheme is fair and it won't let you move down too much so basically, you get the mark that you deserve :)

My ranks for my science and maths subjects are from 1-4th, however, for english im 20/28 simply because I hardly put any effort in. But I'm trying my best to get a band 6 in the english HSC so my overall is maybe somewhere in the high 80s or low 90s.

Fingers crossed !
That is right. Your internal mark goes up if you perform well in your external. Whats ur school rank?

enoilgam

HSC

Fingers crossed !
If you get a external mark of 95, but an internal mark of less then 84 (which is likely for the OP) then band 6 is impossible.

pencilcase

HSC
English Advanced,your looking at a probz high band 5 at max
Chemistry,if oyu work your ass off then you could hit the 90 but no higher
i'm sorry but dw life on the outside is better
take a deep breath and meditate for your life is not over
learn to live life to the fullest likes its your last

awbeyona

HSC
English Advanced,your looking at a probz high band 5 at max
Chemistry,if oyu work your ass off then you could hit the 90 but no higher
i'm sorry but dw life on the outside is better
take a deep breath and meditate for your life is not over
learn to live life to the fullest likes its your last
CLD, do not worry as we do not work for the Board of Studies and/or the department of education. If you do really well, you might get high band 6s for both. On the other hand, this might be an impossible mission. We don't know. Use our comments as a GUIDE ONLY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)