bad marks (1 Viewer)

ecd90

HSC
jimmayy said:
could i please have some really useful adivce to get my grades improved and also to be focused abit more im doing 2 hours of study a day now i guess to improve but what else could help me
The only way your marks will improve is if you just sit down and basically study your ass off...ask teacher for help if u need it... n do practise papers...and write practice essays and hand them in to your teacher for feedback!!

BUT dont stress too much cos its only year 11 and it doesn't count towards your HSC!! I failed bio last year and now im doing fine!! For biology the skills exams r normally worth more than theory so thats a plus because you pretty much dont have to study for them and the outcomes normally pretty good.

But yep just set yourself a goal e.g. one goal might be to get 80% or over in every subject. just have that to work towards and itll motivate you.

good luck :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For Maths - can you get past papers from school? If so, get them, and do the questions - because they will help you a lot.

As for Physics - make sure you make your own syllabus dot points, then, after that, complete any exercises that your teacher gives you. That should be more than enough for it.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Wow, I could never guess you got 80% in english with (no offence) poor grammar and spelling.

Anyhow, just try your hardest. Your parents are probably right. If you study just periodically, your parents should see you study at least once a day.

jimmayy

HSC
haha likee why wud i wanna talk proper grammar on net :p

when it comes to english im pretty ok with it :)

also lawl

my physics teacher is asian..
she talks bout her lifestory =.= sucks to us =.=
shes smart but really cant explain i guess for physics i gotta look through textbooks and resources and rip it up~

Smith2K7

HSC
Yeh I kinda screwed up my Physics too, so your not alone if that makes you fell better

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
just do regular revision and a lot of past papers but dont stress too mcuh about it

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:
start going to 2-3 different tutoring places if you can afford it
How will you have time for school? You'd be having about 10 hours of tutoring a week and probably going through 200+ pages of maths a week.

H4rdc0r3

HSC
Despite what everyone else might say, the KEY to smashing exams and tests is EXTREME cramming. You think about how much free time and fun you can have after the exams and then the night before or maybe a few days you grab the text book and cram! This has been clinically proven and tested vigorously by me. I spent one afternoon and night cramming for phys half yearly. I did absolutely nothing in first term, had the worse teacher, no tutoring and that cram saved my life!

2/107 Phys = 6hours for one day before and cram!
stupid aerath stole my number 1 position.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
lol ever been to japan? damn they are dedicated.......they go to cram school straight after normal school.....its a helluva lot of work.....but they would probably trump us in any exam :D

anyway.....i reckon tutoring for your weakest subject isn't a problem....but yeah, 2-3 seems a bit too much to handle.....
Tutoring isn't the answer for everyone. There are people in schools like James Ruse who are like in the top rankings and have never gone tutoring and learn very independently and effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)