B International Business or B Law (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
So i'm doing a BA right now, and i'm thinking of transfering into B Business (International Business/B Arts next year. Anyone else doing this? What's it like? Also thinking about transfering into B Arts/B Law. I did Legal studies yr 12 and, while some parts of it were interesting, I hated it for the most part. Possibly because of the teacher. Lol. But apparently Law is so much better in uni. Can anyone shed some light?

L

LaraB

kate_is_me said:
So i'm doing a BA right now, and i'm thinking of transfering into B Business (International Business/B Arts next year. Anyone else doing this? What's it like? Also thinking about transfering into B Arts/B Law. I did Legal studies yr 12 and, while some parts of it were interesting, I hated it for the most part. Possibly because of the teacher. Lol. But apparently Law is so much better in uni. Can anyone shed some light?

hmm.. well you can't really say what law would be like based on you didn't like legal studies generally... i mean... why didn't you like it?:p

Coz if we know what you did/didn't like about it and what you found easy/hard we could probably give you a better idea of how you'd find law and could probably give you a better idea of what uni law is like copmared to legal studies...

eg - 1st year law for me was very very similar to legal studies because of the way my teacher taught it and the like, but friends have said it was a massive difference between school and law..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LaraB said:
eg - 1st year law for me was very very similar to legal studies because of the way my teacher taught it and the like, but friends have said it was a massive difference between school and law..
I found the same thing, I had a lawyer for a legal teacher so I find Intro now really similar to year 12, however others have disagreed. That said, is it possible to take Intro as one of your subjects while doing Arts? That would give you an insight I suppose, i'm pretty sure you can because I recall asking about it if I was to transfer but i cant remember the details so if that interests you, ask...

You do realise doing Arts/ Law you will have to go to two campuses, not really a bad thing, just something some people failed to consider. But I manage it fine :)

I hope that helps and if you have any more specific questions I'll try and help.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
LaraB said:
hmm.. well you can't really say what law would be like based on you didn't like legal studies generally... i mean... why didn't you like it?:p

Coz if we know what you did/didn't like about it and what you found easy/hard we could probably give you a better idea of how you'd find law and could probably give you a better idea of what uni law is like copmared to legal studies...

It's not that I found legal studies hard. I was pretty good at it actually. It was just most of our essays were about the effectiveness of mechanisms and stuff like that. It just got boring. And my teacher was tedious... argh. Lol. She read from our textbook in this really monotone voice.

= Jennifer =

HSC
kate_is_me said:
It's not that I found legal studies hard. I was pretty good at it actually. It was just most of our essays were about the effectiveness of mechanisms and stuff like that. It just got boring. And my teacher was tedious... argh. Lol. She read from our textbook in this really monotone voice.
LOL

1. In law there are essays and answering legal problems in an essay format but with headings.

2. Usually the first essay in the law exam deals with the effectiveness of the law or policy issues.

3. There are lecturers with monotone voices, but it is up to you, the student, to study and revise your work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)