B Engineering (Civil/Other) (1 Viewer)

Anthoneeyz

HSC
Hello all, I was just wondering if you guys could clear things up a bit in regards to engineering courses @ UNSW.

B Engineering (Civil), including Geotechnical, Management, Structural, Transport or Water and Coastal 425400 92.05 4F

B Engineering (Civil/Mining) 425400 92.05 5F

B Engineering (Environmental/Civil) 425400 92.05 5F

Questions :

1.The following 3 courses listed above all have the same course number. Once the offers are released, how do you choose the one that you wanted.

2. For B. Engineering (Civil-Mining/Environmental) do you in fact learn the knowledge and skills of Civil engineering + Mining/Environmental or would you have to end up choosing only one?

3. Would you learn the same amount of Civil engineering knowledge if you were to study,say, B. Engineering (Civil) as opposed to lets say B. Engineering (Civil/Mining) ?

These questions probably have obvious answers but it would be appreciated if someone could help me out (I'm sure many of you guys aren't asleep yet LOL).

Thanks in advance and all have a nice day!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
1. when you enrol there should be an option
2. yes a lot of overlap but the degree is longer and you do both since it's a double degree
3. yes, double degree

Anthoneeyz

HSC
Thanks for the help! Is it really a double degree though, if it was wouldn't it be something like B. Civil Engineering B. Engineering Mining ?

Thanks again :]

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
On a similar note, today at info day the Dean of engineering said its possible to do any double major in the faculty for 5 years only. When I asked (I thought I heard wrong) also the Dean said that it is available to high school leavers. I looked on UAC and the handbook and there seems to be no possible way to choose this as a preference. I'm guessing this is only available under consideration and supervision instead?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the help! Is it really a double degree though, if it was wouldn't it be something like B. Civil Engineering B. Engineering Mining ?

Thanks again :]
it doesn't matter what you call it, at the end you'll be a qualified civil engineer as well as a mining engineer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)