alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
really, really good in 3D (especially after a few beers to swagger you up)

Gold Lion

HSC
I've heard nothing but good about this movie but I'm pretty picky

I don't want to waste my money, anyone else really picky and liked this movie?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I've heard nothing but good about this movie but I'm pretty picky

I don't want to waste my money, anyone else really picky and liked this movie?
i really didnt think much of this movie when i first heard about it, and wasnt planning on seeing it.

i loved it heaps.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i think James Cameron really went Titanic with this one (sinking that is)

to be honest i prefer to watch dances with smurfs

hairspray

HSC
I watched it in 3D today and I hated every second of this movie... the plot was either just really lame or I didnt get it. I checked my watch 6 times...and was the first to stand up once the credit rolled. And omg, people even clapped at the end ><''

VicTrix

HSC
If you love military action as much as I do you'll absolutely love this movie. Even better if you can understand the military jargonistic language as it adds to the realism and overall coolness.

Stroy line was pretty good also and believable; despite people saying it shares similiarities with pocahontas, ferngully etc. Haven't seen ferngully and can't remember jackshit from movies I watched when I was a kid so it has no effect on the experience. Loved it and would pay to see it again.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Cool I might give it a shot then :)
the bottom line is that the story is shit, and the dialogue is pretty woeful, so don't go into this expecting to see a good, interesting well-rounded movie.

the fantastic thing is that the visuals are absolutely amazing and the creativity and art direction of another world is just astounding. the thought and precision that has gone into the plants, animals and the relationships the navi have with them paid off, i think. seeing this in 3D was just incredible.

i am usually quite picky and i went with someone who is even moreso than me and we both had the same things to say about it. this kind of film is definitely not my thing ordinarily but i highly enjoyed the visuals

philphie

Banned
HSC
storyline: hate

dialogue: hate

Visuals: good

but when you have weak storyline and dialouge the visuals just seem overzealous. i really did try to like it seeing how it was James Cameron.

suling

HSC
I want to see it but it is not coming out in Armidale until Jan 21..stupid country town

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
storyline: hate

dialogue: hate

Visuals: good

but when you have weak storyline and dialouge the visuals just seem overzealous. i really did try to like it seeing how it was James Cameron.
for me, i couldn't give a crap about the story because the visuals were so ace. did you see it in 3D?

philphie

Banned
HSC
for me, i couldn't give a crap about the story because the visuals were so ace. did you see it in 3D?
no, maybe if i did i would have been sold, but still to base a film entirely on how visually appealing it was, you might as well watch a slideshow of Seurat artworks or go watch some lame 3D show at Universal studios...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
no, maybe if i did i would have been sold, but still to base a film entirely on how visually appealing it was, you might as well watch a slideshow of Seurat artworks or go watch some lame 3D show at Universal studios...
luckily for me im not seurat's biggest fan :p

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I don't think the 3D was necessary. The movie is fantastic enough as it is. I've seen it in 3D twice and I'm yet to see it in regular cinema but I get the feeling it would be much cooler without all the 3D crap.

But I just hate watching movies in 3D.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Avatar was really GOOD! OMG i loved the graphics and effects.. looked so cool! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)