Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Guy

Votes: 52 80.0%

• Total voters

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
who does actually vote?
i wont vote, cuz i know my votes wont make a difference. Does ne1 out there vote?

Aussiechick

HSC
I think guy has a better voice, but personally I'd rather listen to an album of shannon style music than guy style, I'm not really into R&B

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
who does actually vote?
i wont vote, cuz i know my votes wont make a difference. Does ne1 out there vote?
lol that's what everyone thinks, so no one votes, so i don't know who votes

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
hahahaha....uh hum, families and relative vote mainly i think. Well, not mainly......but usu ud expect that.
I voted for Cosima and i cant believe i voted for ROB B4.
I THOUGHT he was cute! WTF? Whats wrong wif me? He's a bloody BUM....hate him sooooooooo much afterwards, ewwie

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glad you woke up lillalia

and for shannon, he's country town will be voting like crazy

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
lols, thank goodness for my one second crush

Actually, i didnt wake up.............i GREW up

There goes my $1 and smthng........stupid stupid me

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lillaila
hahahaha....uh hum, families and relative vote mainly i think. Well, not mainly......but usu ud expect that.
I voted for Cosima and i cant believe i voted for ROB B4.
I THOUGHT he was cute! WTF? Whats wrong wif me? He's a bloody BUM....hate him sooooooooo much afterwards, ewwie
LOL omg i was exactly the same

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
how people can be blind

did anyone not notice guy until near the end?

N

ND

Originally posted by iambored
how people can be blind

did anyone not notice guy until near the end?

Yeh, i only really started noticing him when he performed 'when doves cry'.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
im bein very serious, from the very first show, i noticed him and i knew he was gonna make it in the top 5. the only reason y i limited him to the top 5, was bcuz i didn't see all the contestants at that stage, but now that i have HE SHOULD WIN!
even dicko sed that guy has the best male voice in the competition, who could disagree with that?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Yeh, i only really started noticing him when he performed 'when doves cry'.
that was the same time i noticed him! i cannot remember what he did before that. that perfomance saved him

Originally posted by ND
The head of vocal studies at the sydney conservatorium of music, apparently:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/14/1068674380834.html?from=storyrhs
pfft
Shannon has a better voice than Guy or Cosima
"Shannon's is probably a voice with more range and more dynamic variation and colour variation,"
"...For me [Shannon] shows a lot of potential in the voice and he'll probably take it a lot further."
pfft
i agree paulini has a great voice though

1 more

fructis
HSC
hahahah ND!
The Smh really has jumped onto idol bandwagon wholeheartedly, Id say there were about 10 articles in this weekends paper with Idol content. Even avid fans/stalkers such as myself can begin to tire.
Though that particular article i found really interesting. His comments seemed to be contrary to almost everything that the judges have ever said, Cosima having the best voice in the entire competition, Shannons imperfect voice, and Marcias overly effusive and repetitive praise of Guys heaven sent voice are some things that come to mind. I guess this discrepancy just goes to show the massive gulf between tertiary music education and the marketability of pop singers?

N

ND

Originally posted by 1 more
hahahah ND!
The Smh really has jumped onto idol bandwagon wholeheartedly, Id say there were about 10 articles in this weekends paper with Idol content. Even avid fans/stalkers such as myself can begin to tire.
Though that particular article i found really interesting. His comments seemed to be contrary to almost everything that the judges have ever said, Cosima having the best voice in the entire competition, Shannons imperfect voice, and Marcias overly effusive and repetitive praise of Guys heaven sent voice are some things that come to mind. I guess this discrepancy just goes to show the massive gulf between tertiary music education and the marketability of pop singers?
Everything you said mirrored my thoughts exactly.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
GO SHANNON!! i really dont like guy's r&b style and i'd much rather listen to an album of shannon over an album of guy's. i reckon shannon sang angels brought me here a lot better than guy..so yeh

Generator

HSC
N/A
Shannon (I can't believe that I have watched the ads or that single episode). He has the better voice and will go quite far as pop-rock lasts much longer than pop.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hey, that conservatorium man is a dumbass.
Ultimately, it's about image, publicity and money etc not purely on singing tho i must say it is a big part but not PURELY.
I mean conservatorium......PFFFFT, orchestra, instruments, opera etc......can't say I've seen any of his singers so popular before.
I only agree wif the Paulini thing but yeah.....as if he's gonna buy their cds and stuff. PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT hE thinks he's so good judging ppl

N

ND

Originally posted by lillaila
Hey, that conservatorium man is a dumbass.
Ultimately, it's about image, publicity and money etc not purely on singing tho i must say it is a big part but not PURELY.
I mean conservatorium......PFFFFT, orchestra, instruments, opera etc......can't say I've seen any of his singers so popular before.
I only agree wif the Paulini thing but yeah.....as if he's gonna buy their cds and stuff. PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT hE thinks he's so good judging ppl
:rolleyes:
This guy is trained in vocal analysis; he was judging them solely on the "technical quality" of their voices. He is presenting his opinion based on all his experience. How exactly is he a "dumbass"? He thinks he's so good judging people? I think you'll find that the smh approached him with the intent of getting his opinion, and that's precisely what he has given.

I far prefer guy's voice over shannon's, but i'm not about to start arguing with the analysis of a trained professional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)