iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well you're sure to see the replay of when they read out the winner somewhere

and the rest was pretty average. they sang well but the show was short

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I caught the end of it, so glad Guy won, but my attention has wasted.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
was anyone disappointed with the show though?

yeah, the entire rest of the show was just bullshit.
I was so sick of watching those audition tapes of crap singers! Who cares? :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
yeah, the entire rest of the show was just bullshit.
I was so sick of watching those audition tapes of crap singers! Who cares? :rolleyes:
yeah we have seen them for ages, i just wanted to know the winner! the top 12 did a good job at singing, and the outdoors was ok just drawn out and the songs were short

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Man im happy guy won, and as 4 those crappy auditions, they're more entertaining then the top 12, but they did show them too much throughout the series
and as 4 nxt yr can ppl who tried out 4 this yrs series audition 4 nxt yr?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J

and as 4 nxt yr can ppl who tried out 4 this yrs series audition 4 nxt yr?

I'm sure they can...but after getting knocked back first time, i don't think many would bother!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
lets say paulini tries out 4 nxt year, i'll say she'll have a better chance than this year

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
The show actually separated the good from the bad overall i guess..... I mean it gave reason to y some ppl didnt make it.
Eg. Rebecca Tapia was, no offence to any of her fans, crap!
Eeesh that was bad! And same wif that Axle dude. And Marcia was CRAP BIG TIME .....i mean, that was not singing, that was talking.

And what happened to that Daniel dude? I thought Kelly was good and Lauren as always was expressionless. Cle's daughter is soooooooo cute, weird, unlike her mum. Shannon's neice was soooo cute too!

Did u see the tension btwn Shannon and Guy's mum? Hmmm
Man, most of the audience went for Guy....Shannon must have felt bad cos i could tell he knew he wasnt the winner.

The papers keep saying Shannon is the LOSER. That sounds really bad. I heard ppl booing at Cosima...it was more exciting when she was in. SMH said that usu. runner ups have more potential than the winner, i mean not ALWAYS but hey very true. Eg. Will vs Gareth (where the hell is Will now????) and Selwyn.

Well, as for Paulini: I doubt she WANTS to try again. I mean she tried out for StarStruck or Star smthng and came first beating GUY who also entered and she got a record deal but it did not lift off... so yeah.... i think shes got gr8 potential but it's b'cos of her shy enclosed personality I THINK..........well, we'll see but i'm not gonna sit and wait.
I'm just gonna see if Cosi will keep her promise, unko that thing.
I have a faith in Cosi...........however, Aust Idol is sooooooooo fading quickly.......ppppppfttttttt TV these days.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
that Daniel dude withdrew from the comp because he was allready in a recording contratc, which is actually against the rules of aust idol and he could not get out of it...or soemthing like that

i think guy has a great voice, but i also think his afro was a major element of the publics love for him, and thus the votes he got :)

Loz

Originally posted by rhapsodyinblack
Guy has infinitely more style... and a distinctive voice. Shannon is quintessially "Australian" but he's boring.
rofl, Guy has more style? Are you kidding? Are you blind? Each and every week including the final, my first thoughts were "What the tarnation is he wearing, what is wrong with his stylist?"

And the whole thing about imagine Shannon representing us at World Idol, how embarrassing is it going to be already having a Malaysian born Australian Idol to represent 19 million? He isn't going to have Marcia there to jump around like a Kangaroo for him either.

Guy has a good voice, but I don't think he's come close to the depth or height of the artists' who sing the songs he's sung talent. He ruined the Beyonce number and in comparison to the Nun who sang in the Sound of Music, his was nothing. He didn't come close to the note she sang at the end.

The Judges have been biased the whole way through, it's obvious. But I'm glad Shannon didn't win, because from the description of the contract, Guy ultimately only gets $60,000 after he makes $250,000 for BMG. Shannon kinda needs a little more than that right now, and I think he has the talent to get that from another, better, recording company.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
What was the ratio between the two? How many percent did Guy received compared to Shannon?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
What was the ratio between the two? How many percent did Guy received compared to Shannon?
They didn't say, just that it was heaps close.
But earlier on in the week they said there was a 4% difference. They also said the lead had changed several times during the week.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Loz
rofl, Guy has more style? Are you kidding? Are you blind? Each and every week including the final, my first thoughts were "What the tarnation is he wearing, what is wrong with his stylist?"

And the whole thing about imagine Shannon representing us at World Idol, how embarrassing is it going to be already having a Malaysian born Australian Idol to represent 19 million? He isn't going to have Marcia there to jump around like a Kangaroo for him either.

Guy has a good voice, but I don't think he's come close to the depth or height of the artists' who sing the songs he's sung talent. He ruined the Beyonce number and in comparison to the Nun who sang in the Sound of Music, his was nothing. He didn't come close to the note she sang at the end.

The Judges have been biased the whole way through, it's obvious. But I'm glad Shannon didn't win, because from the description of the contract, Guy ultimately only gets $60,000 after he makes $250,000 for BMG. Shannon kinda needs a little more than that right now, and I think he has the talent to get that from another, better, recording company.
Embarrassed??, y would u be?, im not, in fact im proud that we voted 4 a non-anglo person 2 represent us. it shows that MOST ppl who voted aren't racist, and this competition was based on talent, not whos more 'aussie'. it shows 2 the world how multicultural we are. im happy ppl like u weren't the majority of the voters, that would of been a disaster.
and y r u comparin his performances to the original songs, they're not suppossed 2 sound exactly the same. ok maybe 'crazy in love' wasn't that great, but that 'climb every mountain' song was excellent and if ur comparin him 2 julie andrews ur makin a big mistake, she has 1 of the best voices in the last century, and ur sayin he's shit bcuz he cant compare 2 her, pfffft hundreds of great singers dont compare 2 her

holl

What did you think of Guys video clip on video hits this morning?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i cant wake up early to see it on video hits, but i did see bits of it yesterday on the news, and it was kinda weird, i thought his hair looked funny, i dunno maybe ill get used to it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
that Daniel dude withdrew from the comp because he was allready in a recording contratc, which is actually against the rules of aust idol and he could not get out of it...or soemthing like that
i'm glad he was such an idiot though as cosima got to go through
Originally posted by Loz
rofl, Guy has more style? Are you kidding? Are you blind?

how embarrassing is it going to be already having a Malaysian born Australian Idol to represent 19 million?

in comparison to the Nun who sang in the Sound of Music, his was nothing. He didn't come close to the note she sang at the end.

The Judges have been biased the whole way through, it's obvious.
1. yes guy has more style imo
2. embarassing for a malaysian born to represent us? we are australian. australian - different cultures. in the final 4, shannon was the only full aussie, that's just the way it is. in no way will it be an embarassment, no way at all!
3. he's a guy singing a woman's song. how is he supposed to come close to her note?
4. how were the judges biased?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i'm glad he was such an idiot though as cosima got to go through

1. yes guy has more style imo
2. embarassing for a malaysian born to represent us? we are australian. australian - different cultures. in the final 4, shannon was the only full aussie, that's just the way it is. in no way will it be an embarassment, no way at all!
3. he's a guy singing a woman's song. how is he supposed to come close to her note?
4. how were the judges biased?
YEAH !!, thats the way iambored
embarrassed pfffft:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)