Australian Idol 2004 (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Fry said:
'know i don't know what you mean'
and that just showed us you don't know the difference between "no" and "know"

and for fucks sake, the girl is 16 years old. Give her a break. Besides, she's better than the rest of them anyway.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
ewwwwww i find courtney fat and disgusting his voice is shit and he cant handle any freakin critisism and his GF is so ugly and yuck looking

just imagining them both moaning and screaming during sex freaks me out...*shudders*
WTF is your problem?

Fry

steph@nie said:
and that just showed us you don't know the difference between "no" and "know"

and for fucks sake, the girl is 16 years old. Give her a break. Besides, she's better than the rest of them anyway.
it was a fucken typo. im sure you had at least one or two in your lifetime.

whenever someone finds a fault with her, the same old tired excuse is used, 'she's only 16'. she's a friggin' teenager ffs, not a child. and even a child could say more than her. you're only supporting her because of her singing ability, but when it comes down to personality, she's not doing much to prove that she has one. in this industry, you need to be able to talk to survive.

the 'give her a break' response has been used 3 times...can't anyone come up with anything new?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
exactly, what is she going to do in tv/radio interviews? mumble and say I don't know all the time? plus i hate those faces she pulls sometimes..

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
ok well.. i agree Casey could probably answer those Q's more better.. like string a sentence and all.. but i think she's one of those types who get incoherent * flustered in front of live audiences + live tv, in front of millions.. and those faces she pulls ? uh, she's IS only 16.. it's her being fun & silly, not serious 24/7 like normally. i think she's showing more personality as the weeks go by.. and anyway, her talent is THAT great that her lack of words during interviews don't really matter !

CASEY ROCKS!!

i think when it came down to proper serious interviews she would be fine.

but when she answers those twisted "what are you feeling?" questions from andrew and james, she's not being serious and she's taking it as a funny way to mock their questions with silly answers.

some people don't feel comfortable making up some crap about how they feel - cos at that moment u can't honestly describe how u feel - u just make it up like hayley always does. "yeh i'm feeling ok, but we'll see how it goes"

she's just 16 - at least she's not trying to be really old for her age and answer in all that serious crap like nikki webster.........

isn't music about music!!!

the girl can SING!!!! she is a singer not a publc speaker

if your an artist you don't have to be expected toi talk on the radio and do interviews and SHIT its not about that its about a talented young artist who is going to do a hell of alot better in life than you lot ever will

your all a bunch a shallow flops!! she can sing isn't this what this karaoke comp is about finding australia best singer not australia best public speaker!!!!!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
even if she does win or does have to do interviews and stuff.. im sure she will learn. seriously someone will either give her lessons or she will become more relaxed and have a few more extended answers.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Goddess Zenith said:
isn't music about music!!!

the girl can SING!!!! she is a singer not a publc speaker

if your an artist you don't have to be expected toi talk on the radio and do interviews and SHIT its not about that its about a talented young artist who is going to do a hell of alot better in life than you lot ever will

your all a bunch a shallow flops!! she can sing isn't this what this karaoke comp is about finding australia best singer not australia best public speaker!!!!!!

um, wrong. she is not an indie underground singer. she will be, assuming she wins or whatever, a pop sensation. one of the chief features of popular music is that it relies very heavily on publicity. if the singer in question is inarticulate then their publicity will suffer for it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Fry said:
it was a fucken typo. im sure you had at least one or two in your lifetime.

whenever someone finds a fault with her, the same old tired excuse is used, 'she's only 16'. she's a friggin' teenager ffs, not a child. and even a child could say more than her. you're only supporting her because of her singing ability, but when it comes down to personality, she's not doing much to prove that she has one. in this industry, you need to be able to talk to survive.

the 'give her a break' response has been used 3 times...can't anyone come up with anything new?
oh god, thank you! yeah, i realise she's young, i'm only a few months older than her myself, and it's obviously a very intimidating situation but unless she's a total fucking retard she should've realised what she was getting herself into. INCLUDING having to face questions, interviews etc.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
glycerine said:
if the singer in question is inarticulate then their publicity will suffer for it.
i don't think so =/ not really. an artist's publicity is only a minor part of their appeal, and whether a singer can or can't speak publicly well, the fact is, if their truly talented and their music itself sells records then the public will love them anyway. Casey will learn to speak better as she gets more used to being in the public eye.. and it's not like Andrew G's questions are the most intelligent either.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Annegelic said:
i don't think so =/ not really. an artist's publicity is only a minor part of their appeal, and whether a singer can or can't speak publicly well, the fact is, if their truly talented and their music itself sells records then the public will love them anyway. Casey will learn to speak better as she gets more used to being in the public eye.. and it's not like Andrew G's questions are the most intelligent either.

a minor part of their appeal? i'm sorry, are you mentally challenged?

look at delta goodrem. how strongly has she been marketed? you think she would be half as popular as she is if she didn't have the polite girl next door thing going?

minor part my ass

you lot are all rooting for anthony
HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT ROLLING STONE WAS what a twat!!!!!!!

yeah publlicity is big, but you have to be able to sing to get that publicity guy can't sing and the public has died and got tired of him

not everyone especially at 16 is going to be thinking when having your llife future juggled in front of you

give her a break you twats!!!

delta ugly goodram is only popular and in the public because she was on neighbours and had cancer not because she can speak and she certainly can't sing

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
omg you retard, she was popular before the cancer thing ever came out. yes that did about as much for her career as dying did for elvis presley's, but before that what was it they marketed? as i said, the polite girl next door image. that didn't happen on its own, she had to back that up thru interviews etc.

moron

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Goddess Zenith said:
delta ugly goodram is only popular and in the public because she was on neighbours and had cancer not because she can speak and she certainly can't sing
she sold many albums before she got sick

neighbours has done nothing for her, i even forget she was/is(?) on it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Fry said:
that Casey girl seriously cannot talk. on Monday night she was like 'you know what i mean. it was like y'know...yeah...uh...everyone was like errrr...*shrugs shoulders*' and Andrew G was like 'know i don't know what you mean' and then Casey goes on and starts making these weird noises. it was not funny, it just showed us how much of an inarticulate tool she really is.
no, i think the problem was that backstage after the sunday show they were all telling her how great she was and she felt uncomfortable about it. she couldn't say that to the public!! and on the spot she couldn't come up with anything else.

Fry

Annegelic said:
i don't think so =/ not really. an artist's publicity is only a minor part of their appeal, and whether a singer can or can't speak publicly well, the fact is, if their truly talented and their music itself sells records then the public will love them anyway. Casey will learn to speak better as she gets more used to being in the public eye..
um, no. publicity is a big deal, especially if you want succeed or last. if the press can't conduct interviews with Casey because she is too shy or if the interviews turn out to be unproductive, some fans may be turned off by her. fans want to get to know her, they dont wanna hear her umms and aahhs. singing alone does not sell records, it's personality/image too.

Annegelic said:
and it's not like Andrew G's questions are the most intelligent either.
yes, Andrew's questions are very, very simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)