• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aus Open (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Nah, she always does the grunting! The match may be tight, but IMO they're both not playing up to their usual standards! I find the women's matches to be much slower and more tedious than the men's, especially with Sharapova - How slow can one possibly serve? Seriously! :p

And like you guys, I too found it nerve-racking, but I'm not surprised that Haas is no more! :( Did he remind you guys of Splice when he wore that greeny-yellow shirt? Well, he did for me! :p Oh yeah!

Go BAGHDATIS! :D:D:D:D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah, I was on the edge of my seat for that first set tiebreaker. Both players had set points! Sharapova won it in the end, but it could have gone either way!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck Baghdatis. He is scum.

Ljubicic v Federer in the final.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
And like you guys, I too found it nerve-racking, but I'm not surprised that Haas is no more! :( Did he remind you guys of Splice when he wore that greeny-yellow shirt? Well, he did for me! :p Oh yeah!
Haha... a bit of absurd melodrama in the commentary - Jim was like "Maybe there are some mind games happening here with Haas trying to match Federer's green and white outfit", to which John goes (deadpan delivery) "Mmm, Haas is trying to show Federer that he has more green than him." Those two are hilarious :)

I expected Federer to win, but I must say I was on the edge of my seat when it was 2 games all in the fifth set.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
Haha... a bit of absurd melodrama in the commentary - Jim was like "Maybe there are some mind games happening here with Haas trying to match Federer's green and white outfit", to which John goes (deadpan delivery) "Mmm, Haas is trying to show Federer that he has more green than him." Those two are hilarious :)

I expected Federer to win but I must say I was on the edge of my seat when it was 2 games all in the fifth set.
I also recall Jim Courier saying that at the start of that set! I don't think it would have intimidated Federer though, but it was interesting to see Haas's way of thinking. I was on the edge of my seat at 2 sets each!!! :eek:

sarevok

HSC
Ljubicic is a great player to watch and also really nice to his fans. When I went to the Aus Open last year, he stayed for ages after his practice session signing autographs, chatting etc.

VAMOS LJUBICIC :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Riviet said:
I also recall Jim Courier saying that at the start of that set! I don't think it would have intimidated Federer though, but it was interesting to see Haas's way of thinking.
i dunno bout anyone else but i find Jim Courier and JA kinda annoying when they start saying stuff like that
and the whole "the australian open doesn't start until lleytons first 'c'mon'"
i think they talk a bit too much crap to fill in the time

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
i dunno bout anyone else but i find Jim Courier and JA kinda annoying when they start saying stuff like that
I agree with you there, Jim can be funny at times, but also his commentating can be annoying. I don't mind John though.

Justine just beat Davenport in 3 sets!!!

Don't forget the Baghdatis match straight afterwards!

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
Yeah, their commentating can get annoying, but I like Jim Courier anyway! And I find lots of commentators talk about tonnes of other things to fill in time!

However, I find JA annoying. :p:p

P

pLuvia

haha I agree one of those commentators is really lame lol, which one is JA? the blonde hair guy?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Jim Courier is the one with the American accent. He talks more than the other guy.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Lindsay, wtf. I am going to be forced to cheer for Masha now.

I think Tommy is a little bitter after his loss, hahaha.
'Everybody is, you know, talking about him (Federer) being maybe the greatest ever. He still has to do a couple of things, I think, in my mind, to be that. If you ask Jim Courier, I mean, that guy has his tongue up his (Federer’s) ass, I think. . . you know, the whole time when you actually listen to him (Courier) commentating or listen to him talk about Roger Federer. Sometimes makes me sick almost.'

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
heh

I can clearly see how he would annoy some people, he's a bit up himself. But I still find him amusing. Especially those little skits he does with John lol.

^___^
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
heh

I can clearly see how he would annoy some people, he's a bit up himself. But I still find him amusing. Especially those little skits he does with John lol.
bring back McEnroe!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Baghdatis is playing awesome tennis!! Winning 2 sets to nil! :lol:

P

pLuvia

I don't really mind who wins tonight, by the way who is Baghdatis playing?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
He's playing Ljubicic

Courier > McEnroe, although he's not nearly at his best in Australia, he hasn't come close to anything like his Mardy Fish is a sexy beast comment yet.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
I don't really mind who wins tonight, by the way who is Baghdatis playing?
He's playing Ljubicic, the 7th seed from Croatia.

Damn it's 2-4 in the 4th set!! :angry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)