• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aus Open (2 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ahhh I remember watching them play doubles about 5 years ago when Hingis was the focus and Roger was this random Swiss dude :D

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Sarah168 said:
ahhh I remember watching them play doubles about 5 years ago when Hingis was the focus and Roger was this random Swiss dude :D
LOL! :D same!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I remember when Federer was in the top 10, especially when he was seeded 2 or 3.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
FEDERER WON!!!!!!!!

man what a match, leaving me at the edge of my seat, on the verge of screaming. that was an amazing match. haas put up an amazing fight, but as we all know, FEDERER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The Swiss win both their matches!! Roger started playing some of his best tennis in the 5th, kudos to him for stepping it up. A tight tiebreaker for Hingis, and she remained focused during the last few points of the tiebreaker which was great. :)

Baghdatis is up tonight, definitely going for him!

Last edited:

xlr8-crillz

HSC
the turning point was when the umpire guy called it out and haas thought it was in.

i think it went something like this:

haas comes up c'mon full loud but not like hewit and would have therefore held serve and federer and haas would have been level.

anyways. haas keeps staring after it gets told out for a long time.

the umpires silent and haas goes up to him and like a fully raged way goes:
"well was it out or not tell me!"- haas
"i am not sure" - umpire
"then why the hell are u sitting there for" - haas

"sigh"

haas just lost it after that just like dockic when she had that match point and it got called out. federer coulda lost yesterday

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Sarah168 said:
i remember those times. i was a total noob at tennis and just knew that australias best was hewit, the williams sisters were good and hingis dominated everything.

i always used to get confused with ferrer and federer.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Tommy :( So fucking close. I'm so glad that he is playing his best tennis now. It was fun to see Roger pushed too and out of his comfort zone. Too bad it was a 4th round match.

Martina played great tennis in the 1st set, but she is going to play much better then she did in the 2nd if she wants to challenge Kim at all. Her forehand and serve were under alot of pressure and she became alot more passive, loved the way she fought in the tie breaker though.

vizman

HSC
i reckon Martina Hingis is no chance aginst the power players - clijsters, henin-hardenne etc. and Federer probably has it all easy now. :)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Well, Hingis was soundly whipped by Henin-Hardenne in the warmup tournament (Sydney International?).

EDIT: Baghdatis is facing Ljubicic.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well in defense of Hingis, that was her 2nd tournament and 4th or 5th match in 5 years and Juju with the exception of the final was in great touch in Sydney. Although by the same token i'm not convinced Hingis has changed her game enough to challenge the 'power players'. Hingis loves Rebound Ace and Melbourne Park though, so i'm deffinetly not counting her out.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The Hingis vs. Clijsters match should be interesting, I think Kim is more likely to overpower Hingis though, looking forward to it and the Baghdatis match tonight. Damn the tournament just gets better and better! :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
omg i just watched last night's federer vs haas match on tape (after avoiding people and the net and tv all day to avoid hearing the outcome) and roger almost gave me a heart attack! His wayward forehand shots had me shouting "nooooo!"

But he's through and I'm happy :D

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Riviet said:
The Hingis vs. Clijsters match should be interesting, I think Kim is more likely to overpower Hingis though, looking forward to it and the Baghdatis match tonight. Damn the tournament just gets better and better! :D

I hope she wont! GO MARTINA!!! :D

oh yeah! BAGHDATIS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hmm, the Sharapova vs. Petrova match is very tight at the moment, do any of you think Sharapova is a bit of a "drama queen"? I get that impression from her moaning after nearly every ball she hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)