Aung San Suu Kyi Speech HELP (1 Viewer)

Megatron96

HSC
Can someone help with finding textual integrity in Aung San Suu Kyi's speech at the women world conference please

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't do your whole english work for you.

Firstly, you must formulate your own personal understanding of textual integrity.

Secondly, find a plethora of techniques in Aung San Suu Kyi's speech.

Lastly, extrapolate this to how it establishes textual integrity.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I never did speeches in HSC english.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I think you should understand what it means for a text to have 'textual integrity' first.

In a very general sense, evaluating a text's sense of 'textual integrity'' is evaluating the text in a whole - such as, the distinctiveness of her speech, concept/s, implementation of her own experiences of injustice, mode of delivery, connection with her audience - how these elements, and many more, may contribute to the success in conveying her message/s (meaning) to her audience, and may unify the text.

I think something that you should help you is breaking down the rubric for the speeches module, and really understanding what this speech is about - it is complex, and Suu Kyi explores so many ideas in so many different ways, and i think that you should get a good grasp of them before you begin to write an essay etc.

So in answering your question -you need to examine and analyse the text as a whole (use various examples) before deducing whether or not a text holds 'high' textual integrity. It's not a matter of picking it out of a paragraph like you would with finding a metaphor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)