Atar guesstimate (1 Viewer)

Hoopah

HSC
there are no ranks out of 100. i have marks out of 100. not ranks.

Hoopah

HSC
hahaha, i just hope my markers will feel the same. "hmm this kid got 82, ahh well lets round it to a nice even number, lets say... 100?" YAYAYAY!!

chrisnumber1

HSC
According to: UAI Calculator & ATAR Calculator

You get an ATAR of 48.60.
yeah but that won't work, about this time i put in my marks and it said like 99 (because we didnt have half yearlys so everything was based on 1 or 2 assessment marks) then i put in my trial marks and it said low mid 80's, actual atar was a tad under 97. its too early to tell, don't worry about it too the end. just think, if you converted all that time wasted on uni open days and atar calculators and thinking about scaling and actually studied......the results would blow you away

Lauchlan

HSC
Adv English: mark: 73/100 ranked: 10/68
Ext English: mark: 33/50 ranked: 6/12
Biology: mark: 76/100 ranked: 14/29
Gen. Maths: mark: 63/100 ranked: 30/82
Studies of religion II: mark: 65/100 ranked: 7/17
Business studies: mark: 54/100 ranked: 11/34
ATAR 50.55 = horrible (sorry but its true)
Adv English: below average
Ext English: bad
Biology: terrible
Gen. Maths: absolutely awful
Studies of religion II: OMG epic fail
Business studies: mark: band 2

Don't expect to use this ATAR anywhere. I hope you have a back-up plan, because university isn't looking very reachable with these results. Hope this helps :D.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
ATAR 50.55 = horrible (sorry but its true)
Adv English: below average
Ext English: bad
Biology: terrible
Gen. Maths: absolutely awful
Studies of religion II: OMG epic fail
Business studies: mark: band 2

Don't expect to use this ATAR anywhere. I hope you have a back-up plan, because university isn't looking very reachable with these results. Hope this helps :D.

Don't listen to this dumbass Year 11 fuck. That said, I wouldn't say anything above 70, although that'd get you a BA/BSc at UWS. Nothing more though. Unless you turn it around bigtime.

absorber

HSC
Hmm, my marks/ranks are no where near as good as i want. But at the moment im just wondering what i will get...

Adv English: mark: 73/100 ranked: 10/68
Ext English: mark: 33/50 ranked: 6/12
Biology: mark: 76/100 ranked: 14/29
Gen. Maths: mark: 63/100 ranked: 30/82
Studies of religion II: mark: 65/100 ranked: 7/17
Business studies: mark: 54/100 ranked: 11/34

From those marks what ATAR will i be looking at? i know im not a 99+ student, and i have a lot of respect for kids who do get 99+. Feel free to hack on me about being dumb and whatever but also give me an estimate of an ATAR whilst doing it? :p thanks.
60< X <85

hard to say. Ignore all the morons saying you'll get an asterisk etc though, seriously you dickheads don't have anything better to do?

martinc

HSC
About ~mid-70s imo.

Remember, the average ATAR is about 70, and since your ranks and school ranks are much above the average.. 80 is probably the best at the moment. Work harder!

gesh17

HSC
N/A
#1 you are forgetting aligning
#2 in the below 80 ranges it can vary by 10 ATAR points

Also what school do you go to? we need your school rank for accurate estimation.
Yeah I agree. Basically, the lower ranked your school then the higher individual marks + ranks you need to get a high ATAR.

Lauchlan

HSC
Don't listen to this dumbass Year 11 fuck. That said, I wouldn't say anything above 70, although that'd get you a BA/BSc at UWS. Nothing more though. Unless you turn it around bigtime.
I actually went to the effort of using an ATAR calculator based on the 2010 HSC.
Don't listen to idiots like this who aim low. The score is accurate.
Also, don't expect anything near 70 unless you're marks drastically improve.
That duck/cow/poo tells you not to listen to me, then he basically defends my statements. Well done, duck/cow/poo/dumbass.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I actually went to the effort of using an ATAR calculator based on the 2010 HSC.
Don't listen to idiots like this who aim low. The score is accurate.
Also, don't expect anything near 70 unless you're marks drastically improve.
That duck/cow/poo tells you not to listen to me, then he basically defends my statements. Well done, duck/cow/poo/dumbass.
If you were really going to some effort, you'd know that you need to align the raw mark scores before using an ATAR calculator. We sort of know what we're doing here.

That said, OP, you will need to improve dramatically to have a good chance at uni - but there's still time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)