LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
School rank: 200

Adv Eng: 1/54
Ext Eng 1: 1/6
Ext Eng 2: 1/5
Mathematics: 4/30 (Rank includes all ext kids)
Bio: 1/50
Chem: 2/20
Modern: 1/34

enoilgam

HSC
School rank: 200

Adv Eng: 1/54
Ext Eng 1: 1/6
Ext Eng 2: 1/5
Mathematics: 4/30 (Rank includes all ext kids)
Bio: 1/50
Chem: 2/20
Modern: 1/34
Hey LHS, if you're comfortable can you provide us with your trial marks - it might make things a bit easier.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Yep sure, it may help estimating easier.

Adv Eng: 100/105
Ext Eng: 48/50
Ext 2 Eng: No trial but draft project got 47/50
Mathematics: 71/100
Bio: 92/100
Modern: 83/100
Chem: 73/100

Rawf

HSC
These ranks are pretty good. It's kinda hard to estimate an atar though because you're ranked first in majority of your subjects.
Was the chemistry test extremely hard? o_o I'd say ~97. Try and improve your 2u maths as well for HSC.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
That's some good stuff there LHS, your english is just insane... :) [psh... help me]
You should definitely reach your goal as 95+

enoilgam

HSC
Well, off rankings alone, I would say 97.5+, as you're first in most of your subjects, it will depend on the externals. Assuming your trials were marked to a HSC standard (to be honest, I think english may be a bit dubious, but you are ranked first still), I would say 98.5 - 99.5. What did you say your uni goal was again?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
These ranks are pretty good. It's kinda hard to estimate an atar though because you're ranked first in majority of your subjects.
Was the chemistry test extremely hard? o_o I'd say ~97. Try and improve your 2u maths as well for HSC.
I'd say the chem test was hard because my year did find it difficult and they were very strict on the marking scheme, but I guess it is all relative. I'd say the same for maths too, the year did find it hard even ext. But yeah work on my maths and chem for HSC, I know I can do better.

And to enoilgram, yeah I was pretty dubious at those eng marks too! But granted, it does show my relative strength in English, the assessment mark they sent in for me for Adv English was 7 marks higher than 2nd.

enoilgam

HSC
I'd say the chem test was hard because my year did find it difficult and they were very strict on the marking scheme, but I guess it is all relative. I'd say the same for maths too, the year did find it hard even ext. But yeah work on my maths and chem for HSC, I know I can do better.

And to enoilgram, yeah I was pretty dubious at those eng marks too! But granted, it does show my relative strength in English, the assessment mark they sent in for me for Adv English was 7 marks higher than 2nd.
Fair enough - its just that 100/105 would be a state ranking (maybe even top 5). Still though, I would say you're probably looking at 95+ in english - once english marks go beyond 95, I am pretty sure that the scaling really slows down to a crawl almost.

Also, I forgot to say before, I dont think maths will count.

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Fuark- very solid. If I had to make a stab, I'd go on the borderline between 98 and 99 but its really impossible to tell- you could go all the way to .95...

Sexy english marks though :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough - its just that 100/105 would be a state ranking (maybe even top 5). Still though, I would say you're probably looking at 95+ in english - once english marks go beyond 95, I am pretty sure that the scaling really slows down to a crawl almost.

Also, I forgot to say before, I dont think maths will count.
Arr okay, I was thinking math or chem wouldn't count. Still trying to pull out a boss maths external though just in case :)

And wow this is making me happy! A 97 well exceeds my 95 goal :D I'll have to keep at it to make it a reality!

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
98ish. Ultimately it's up to you to smash externals because you're basically first in everything (except maths which probs won't count). What does the highest person in each English course usually get at your school? And do you think you will do better/worse than them? Because that mark is particularly hard to estimate for us, since 100/105 is easily state rank level in english, but it's likely that your school marks slightly easier or has different marking standards to the BOS (or maybe not, you could very well be that good in english). So more stats on the performance of english cohorts at your school would be useful.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
98ish. Ultimately it's up to you to smash externals because you're basically first in everything (except maths which probs won't count). What does the highest person in each English course usually get at your school? And do you think you will do better/worse than them? Because that mark is particularly hard to estimate for us, since 100/105 is easily state rank level in english, but it's likely that your school marks slightly easier or has different marking standards to the BOS (or maybe not, you could very well be that good in english). So more stats on the performance of english cohorts at your school would be useful.
It is hard to estimate as the English performance(well I appreciate it's harder to estimate at my non top 100 school anyway) fluctuates on a yearly basis. I presume my school did mark easier than the actual HSC.

I suppose the average year's dux is normally 97-98, better years can go higher and with my ranks I think it is likely I will be dux.

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
^^ Yeah so you're probably looking at 97-98. Although you have the potential to get any ATAR you want, even into the 99s. Congrats on the ranks and marks btw, which are obviously very good.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^^ Yeah so you're probably looking at 97-98. Although you have the potential to get any ATAR you want, even into the 99s. Congrats on the ranks and marks btw, which are obviously very good.
Yeah, thank you :) I know it can be hard to estimate for 200+ schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)