CalumGemmell

HSC
English (advanced) 6/36
Maths (2U) 1/16
Biology 1/28
Chem 1/7
Physics 1/12

School rank: 143

Am capable of getting low to mid 90s for everything except english, which will probably be low band 5

CalumGemmell

HSC
What happens if I fuck up a few subjects, say I get band 5 phys and english and low band 6's for the rest? Will my ranks save me?

Sorry but I'm kind of new to this, is externally my assessment mark?

brettymaccc

HSC
English (advanced) 6/36
Maths (2U) 1/16
Biology 1/28
Chem 1/7
Physics 1/12

School rank: 143

Am capable of getting low to mid 90s for everything except english, which will probably be low band 5
Do you mean low-mid 90s raw marks? As in, if you did a paper at home for say, Chemistry and marked it, you would score 90+?

If so, you're looking at 99+.

If not, it's highly dependant on your external performance.

Anywhere from 85 to 99, most likely ~97.

CalumGemmell

HSC
Do you mean low-mid 90s raw marks? As in, if you did a paper at home for say, Chemistry and marked it, you would score 90+?

If so, you're looking at 99+.

If not, it's highly dependant on your external performance.

Anywhere from 85 to 99, most likely ~97.

No, not raw marks - mid to low 90s aligned. Confident I band 6'd maths (100/120 raw), and bio (85-88 raw) and I should be able to band 6 phys and chem. I may be able to get about 85 raw for chem (best case scenario) which according to your conversion table (must say, thank you so much for putting it together!) would give me a mid 90 mark. I need a 95 ATAR to get into the course I want.
What actually IS my external performance? :/

enoilgam

HSC
No, not raw marks - mid to low 90s aligned. Confident I band 6'd maths (100/120 raw), and bio (85-88 raw) and I should be able to band 6 phys and chem. I may be able to get about 85 raw for chem (best case scenario) which according to your conversion table (must say, thank you so much for putting it together!) would give me a mid 90 mark. I need a 95 ATAR to get into the course I want.
What actually IS my external performance? :/
External performance = the final exams

jkli

HSC
N/A
reckon you'll do amazingly ie 95+

but potential weak points are:
- how well your cohort does, something idk because for most of your subjects you have a fairly small group. They could all ace it or they could be all "slackers".
- you only have 10 units, so doing well in externals is essential

Wish you the best! :)

CalumGemmell

HSC
Would my ATAR be effected (im going off the Einstein estimate one) if my assessment mark is like 5 marks lower than my HSC aligned mark, and would my ranks have any control over this? Also, how would it effect my ATAR if my cohort failed hard, but I still managed to get the marks I stated before?

enoilgam

HSC

- how well your cohort does, something idk because for most of your subjects you have a fairly small group. They could all ace it or they could be all "slackers".

If the OP comes first externally and internally, the performance of their cohort wont affect them.

CalumGemmell

HSC

Thanks!
Tbh, most of my cohort are slackers - I got 93 raw in bio trial, avg was 61. Chem and phys were similar, I was clearing the person underneath me by at least 15 marks.

jkli

HSC
N/A
If the OP comes first externally and internally, the performance of their cohort wont affect them.
Like enoilgam said, if your 1st, your cohort won't affect you much. It'll just be that, if you were stumped/didn't do so well in one particular exam, your cohort can't help you by giving you a higher mark from the person who placed first in externals ... cos it'll probably still be you.
Goodlucks!

CalumGemmell

HSC
Like enoilgam said, if your 1st, your cohort won't affect you much. It'll just be that, if you were stumped/didn't do so well in one particular exam, your cohort can't help you by giving you a higher mark from the person who placed first in externals ... cos it'll probably still be you.
Goodlucks!
Alright cheers mate! That helped a lot. :)

Bored as brew

HSC
hey guys, just wondering:

how do you estimate these atars based on just ranks haha?

i'm too scared to do mine because it may dent my confidence or something

enoilgam

HSC
hey guys, just wondering:

how do you estimate these atars based on just ranks haha?

i'm too scared to do mine because it may dent my confidence or something
Its an educated guess based on school rank and overall rankings - there is no definitive way of converting ranks into an ATAR.

Bored as brew

HSC
Its an educated guess based on school rank and overall rankings - there is no definitive way of converting ranks into an ATAR.
ahhk, right

thanks, its just that when i put what i think my raw marks would align to into the atar calculator i get a pretty decent atar...but then i see you guys estimate atars for these guys based on ranks (who have better ranks than me) and it scares me a bit...i think the atar calculator is a bit wrong or something

enoilgam

HSC
ahhk, right

thanks, its just that when i put what i think my raw marks would align to into the atar calculator i get a pretty decent atar...but then i see you guys estimate atars for these guys based on ranks (who have better ranks than me) and it scares me a bit...i think the atar calculator is a bit wrong or something
Using raw internal marks is pointless because they are heavily moderated by BOS.

Bored as brew

HSC
Using raw internal marks is pointless because they are heavily moderated by BOS.
no i mean when i put in the scores into atar calculator, they are what i think i got for external exams....

eg; i think i get 75 in bio when im going over the exam at the end of the test, then i come home and on this site people say 75->86 (or whatever), i enter in 86, thats how i do it hahah

thats what i mean bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)