ATAR estimate - Thinking of Med (1 Viewer)

fishrushed

HSC
Just got my report back from school and wanted an estimate.

School rank in the 60s

Chemistry: ~18/70
English Adv: ~75/90 (lul..)
Maths Ext 1: ~15/81
Maths Ext 2: ~4/25
PDHPE: ~7/34

My school gave me an estimation (97.4-98) based purely on my mid yearlies, which compared to my first assessments, I did a lot better so this would mean that realistically, my ATAR estimate should be lower. And from what I heard from previous cohorts, the estimations are quite accurate provided effort is maintained up until the HSC.
So now, seeing that my estimate and my ranks were a lot higher than what I thought, I've changed my goals up a bit and I'm thinking of UNSW Med but is it too far of a leap forward? What ATAR would you need to be likely to get in? Or is UMAT and interview a bigger determinant?
Before this, I was thinking of UNSW engineering(possibly biomed or chemical)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'd say ~96

For UNSW they have a chart. 96 atar means you need 100% in UMAT and 99 means like 90% UMAT etc. It's super competitive.

If you're serious about med try looking at other alternatives around the country.

fishrushed

HSC
I'd say ~96

For UNSW they have a chart. 96 atar means you need 100% in UMAT and 99 means like 90% UMAT etc. It's super competitive.

If you're serious about med try looking at other alternatives around the country.
ahh I see.
and yeah that is really competitive
Thanks for answering :D

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Judging by that English and PDHPE I'd say around 64, 70 tops. 4 unit maths and PE seem like an odd combo. Bro should've chosen physics. Keep trying man you are doing great. On a serious note I will recommend you also consider UWS for medicine their MBBS is a 5 year course. To be considered a threshold ATAR of 93.55 for GWS is required. Then after that to be accepted into med they only count 33% atar and 66% interview. Also note UWS has a pretty good medicine courses and is quite selective.

fishrushed

HSC
Judging by that English and PDHPE I'd say around 64, 70 tops. 4 unit maths and PE seem like an odd combo. Bro should've chosen physics. Keep trying man you are doing great. On a serious note I will recommend you also consider UWS for medicine their MBBS is a 5 year course. To be considered a threshold ATAR of 93.55 for GWS is required. Then after that to be accepted into med they only count 33% atar and 66% interview. Also note UWS has a pretty good medicine courses and is quite selective.
ahahah, 4u and PE :p
I'll consider it although I'm actually pretty scared about the interview

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Mate do never doubt yourself and believe in your heart and you will find truth and what you are truly passionate about. Learn to love. Learn to forgive. Learn to forget. Amen

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Eat a banana a day the manganese and radium found in the banana will enhance cognitive strength and muscular endurance.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
My good friend master Yi once said to me: "it's not the strength of your broadsword but the size of your penis is what counts. Two swords are not better than one as it depends on the type of sword. A large two handed sword is better than two daggers. Hence get a big sword if you have a big penis and an even larger sword to compensate if you have a small one." In summation Master Yi is aiming to disseminate a clear and obvious message. Study hard and don't give up. And when you are bored masturbate or do push-ups

fishrushed

HSC
Mate do never doubt yourself and believe in your heart and you will find truth and what you are truly passionate about. Learn to love. Learn to forgive. Learn to forget. Amen
Eat a banana a day the manganese and radium found in the banana will enhance cognitive strength and muscular endurance.
interesting..

My good friend master Yi once said to me: "it's not the strength of your broadsword but the size of your penis is what counts. Two swords are not better than one as it depends on the type of sword. A large two handed sword is better than two daggers. Hence get a big sword if you have a big penis and an even larger sword to compensate if you have a small one." In summation Master Yi is aiming to disseminate a clear and obvious message. Study hard and don't give up. And when you are bored masturbate or do push-ups
LOLOLOL
nice friend of yours :p gotta see this Master Yi one day. And what about meditation? :L

Aidejay

HSC
~95-96

Try and maximise your marks, you still have the trials and hsc to own. :D Also, why don't you also consider moving interstate for med? Or even UWS!

Deliriously

HSC
~95-96

Try and maximise your marks, you still have the trials and hsc to own. :D Also, why don't you also consider moving interstate for med? Or even UWS!
UWS isn't a bad choice if you don't get into UNSW med

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)