ATAR estimate, redux. (1 Viewer)

riots

HSC
N/A
If you guys could give an estimate that would be great.

Eng. Adv - top60 or top70 (not sure)/195
EE1 - [no clue, but it's not going to be pretty]/90
MX1 - 44/165
MX2 - 52/99
Chemistry - 34/116
Physics - 29/108

I can post trial marks if you really think that would help in estimating, but I'd rather not.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just realised I'm ranked 34th in chem.

Last edited:

thoth1

Banned
HSC
m8 i always ask 4 trial marks when i estimate. so if u want an accurate one u hav to provide them.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
actually ill just estimate without the marks. this is assuming that ur grade is as gud as last years:

riots

HSC
N/A
m8 i always ask 4 trial marks when i estimate. so if u want an accurate one u hav to provide them.
Everyone else seems to be able to give an estimate without them, I don't see why you would need them.
Plus, trial difficulty/marking criteria varies wildly from school to school, and even more so when compared to HSC exams so I don't understand why they'd be of any help.

But if others think it will help them and they could explain to me why it would (I'm curious), sure, I'll post them.

enoilgam

HSC
Everyone else seems to be able to give an estimate without them, I don't see why you would need them.
Plus, trial difficulty/marking criteria varies wildly from school to school, and even more so when compared to HSC exams so I don't understand why they'd be of any help.

But if others think it will help them and they could explain to me why it would (I'm curious), sure, I'll post them.
Basically, as the trials are similar to the actual HSC exams, it can help determine just how good you are in those subjects. This is especially the case for people who are first in a subject at a low ranking school. However, I base my estimates primarily off ranks - I only use trial marks to assist. This is due to the disparity in marking standards between schools. For example, in my CSSA Modern trial I came 1st in the year with 84/100. In comparision, 1st at the local girls school (who also did CSSA) got mid 90's, with 2nd and third also getting in the 90's. On the HSC however, I got a band 6 exam mark whilst no-one at the girls school got over 90 in the subject. This is because in all likelyhood, their trials were marked easier than mine (which I think would be true considering my trials were marked by two senior HSC markers and another HSC marker).

Edit: With your estimate, I was slightly conservative, I think in all likelyhood you will probably make 99 (baulkos median ATAR is ~98, and you seem to be a bit above average)

Last edited:

thoth1

Banned
HSC
i only ask 4 trial marks from ppl who go to high ranking skools or ppl who did the CSSA or independent trials.
this is bcuz these are generally marked at a hsc standard and hence making estimates bcums easier.

tambam

HSC
I think you could quite comfortably get 99+

But more exact than that is too hard to determine, but maybe up to 99.5 on the hope that our grade is nowhere as bad as last years...

thoth1

Banned
HSC
I think you could quite comfortably get 99+

But more exact than that is too hard to determine, but maybe up to 99.5 on the hope that our grade is nowhere as bad as last years...
r u jokin? pretty much everyone in the top 20 for english advanced last year was from ur skool.

tambam

HSC
r u jokin? pretty much everyone in the top 20 for english advanced last year was from ur skool.
Haha yeah, last year were excellent at english but quite terrible at everything else, especially maths and sciences which we're meant to be good at...
Oh and we did well at eco as well, but mainly because of all the accelerated kids in my grade.

riots

HSC
N/A
[too long to quote, but I read it all I promise. Thanks for the explanation]

Edit: With your estimate, I was slightly conservative, I think in all likelyhood you will probably make 99 (baulkos median ATAR is ~98, and you seem to be a bit above average)
Awesome.

btw what did you get in the ext 2 trial? i got 72/120
82/120. Not spectacular, and I got similar results for the rest of the assessments (for MX2).

I don't know... 97+ or so.
Uhh. :\

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
To be fair, your ranks aren't exactly spectacular. EX1 probably won't end up counting, they're good ranks overall - but I think you can firmly expect 97 or higher. I think you might end up getting 98 possibly 99, but it really depends.

khfreakau

HSC
99+ is highly likely going off last year's cohort, and since we shouldddd be better, i'm pretty confident you can get in the 99s :)

thoth1

Banned
HSC
To be fair, your ranks aren't exactly spectacular. EX1 probably won't end up counting, they're good ranks overall - but I think you can firmly expect 97 or higher. I think you might end up getting 98 possibly 99, but it really depends.
actually his ranks are pretty gud considering the skool he goes to.

michaeljennings

HSC
mate you underestimate highly ranked schools...our median atar is 98 so i dont see how he could possibly get 97

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)