ATAR estimate please? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So as embarressed as I am about my horrendous rankings and so angry about the fact that they've worsened :'( can I please get an atar estimate?

Business Studies 3/27
Legal Studies 7/48
Studies of Religion II 14/45
Standard English 9/74
General Maths 15/52

School rank: 125

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Your rankings aren't horrendous, unless you're taking into account the fact that your subjects don't scale particularly well.
I'd guess mid 80s.

enoilgam

HSC
Arghhh how I regret dropping to standard :mad: Btw, if you don't mind me asking, how is it that you know how to make all your estimates?
There is no definitive way of estimating an ATAR from ranks, so any ATAR estimate is an educated guess, even when made by your school. That is why ATAR estimates are unreliable and inaccurate. As for me personally, I base my estimates on the ATARs from people in my year group and people I know from other schools.

As much as I hate to say it, dropping from advanced is likely to be a bad decision for you.

HSC
There is no definitive way of estimating an ATAR from ranks, so any ATAR estimate is an educated guess, even when made by your school. That is why ATAR estimates are unreliable and inaccurate. As for me personally, I base my estimates on the ATARs from people in my year group and people I know from other schools.

As much as I hate to say it, dropping from advanced is likely to be a bad decision for you.
Oh, okay thank you. And yes, although it's too late now just out of curiosity would it have been better for me to have ranked say 37/65 in advance English than 9/78 in standard?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Oh, okay thank you. And yes, although it's too late now just a question out of curiosity would it have been better for me to have ranked say 37/65 in advance English than 9/78 in standard?
More then likely yes. Standard's aligning is horrifically bad. Less than 5% get above 80 (only 64 out of 30,000 standard students got a band 6 in the subject last year).

HSC
More then likely yes. Standard's aligning is horrifically bad. Less than 5% get above 80 (only 64 out of 30,000 standard students got a band 6 in the subject last year).
Now I really hate myself. Oh well, I'm just going to have to work super duper hard in the other subjects which don't align as badly as standard! Thanks for your help :)

enoilgam

HSC
No problem, hopefully your other subjects will compensate for standard, or maybe you will be able to do really well in english and buck the trend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)