ATAR Estimate please... =) (1 Viewer)

anexasaved

HSC
Ok so this is the first time i'm doing this, hope the info makes sense :p

Ranks:
English - 6/195
English Ext - 3/84
Mathematics - 41/84
Mathematics Ext 1 - 122/166 (-_____-" sighh)
Ancient History - 3/16 (the top few in our cohort are quite good, but there is a definite split after that, and marks severely deteriorate - like the trial average was mid 60s and it wasn't even a hard exam!)
Modern History - 4/37
History Extension - 3/6 (VERY strong cohort!! :jump:)

Economics - HSC MARK: 94, done in 2010.

School Rank: 4th

I know most of my subjects are low scaling, but do you think my Maths won't count for me?

Last edited:

kappy

HSC

I estimate state ranks for history and english. Deva you smashed internals i congratulate you :)

P.S Ladies he's single

tambam

HSC
Hey i think you should actually drop both maths and just focus on all your other content-heavy subjects.
Seriously.

khfreakau

HSC
Hey i think you should actually drop both maths and just focus on all your other content-heavy subjects.
Seriously.
deva do this, no kidding. i can't see your maths counting over your other subjects. and it will make you so much less stressed.

kappy

HSC
deva do this, no kidding. i can't see your maths counting over your other subjects. and it will make you so much less stressed.[/QUO

inb4 everyone else recommends the same course of action.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
just drop maffs altogether. they r not going to count

anexasaved

HSC
wow thats rather high...are you sure your estimations are taking into account the HUGE tail at the bottom of my (rather small) ancient history cohort =S
Also, what marks do you reckon i'll need in my externals to get 99.7...will providing my trial marks give a more accurate representation of prospective atar?

and yea, i guess dropping maths is an option...lol, dropping from 4U to nothing is a bit intense though, and i dont want to feel like a quitter haha. but it is worth considering..

enoilgam

HSC
Your english ranks are really strong as well as modern. Also, the 94 you got in economics will give you a big boost.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
^jeez you two are so funny on here lol

yeah i don't think the tail will affect you.
How's the maths prep going? If you aren't experiencing a meteoric rise, then consider dropping.

lol i think you're already on 99.7+

tambam

HSC
and yea, i guess dropping maths is an option...lol, dropping from 4U to nothing is a bit intense though, and i dont want to feel like a quitter haha. but it is worth considering..
Dude, everything is guaranteed band 6, except for the maths. Considering last year, around 70% got band6 in 3u and only something like 50% in 2u, you're barely getting there, and even then that's only a low band6.
Humanities is your thing brooooo, quit the maths!

And shutup michaeljennings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)